PDA

View Full Version : New Patrol Owner saying hi

snewin
3rd August 2012, 10:46 AM
Morning all,

My wife and I are getting back into 4wd'ing after a few years out of the game. We previously owned 2 Pajero's and we'd had our fun with them, so were looking at a 100 series or a Patrol.

Found a beautiful Patrol 2000 4.2L turbo diesel in the area, took it for a test drive and fell in love. It was my wife that found the advert for it so she claimed the victory ha ha.

It was both our first times ever in a Patrol either as driver or passenger and I was surprised at how great it drove. I drove a couple of 100's earlier in the week but the Patrol just ticked all the boxes (as well as being 9 grand cheaper).

I don't pick the car up until next Wednesday but already I'm looking at a roof rack, lift, long range fuel tank, front locker, manual hubs, top mount intercooler, new exhaust. I guess I'm just excited.

My father-in-law wants to go through the desert in winter 2014 so we're going to start collecting some things over the next 2 years for the trip, but I can already see some awesome camping trips and weekend 4wd adventures between now and then.

Anyways, off to search the forums to get some more info on my new baby, things other people have done to theirs and some awesome pics of Patrols doing incredible things. Maybe there's a Hunter Valley 4wd club on here too.

First question though.......How do I tell if the Patrol is a GU or a GUII?

Cheers
Rob

AB
3rd August 2012, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on the new beast. Looks like a great score too!

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 11:10 AM
Yav made the right choice mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Bigrig
3rd August 2012, 11:45 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

miller12
3rd August 2012, 12:02 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum very addictive and heaps of info

threedogs
3rd August 2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome to you and your wife, plenty of info here for you, plus a great bunch of people, Enjoy

Dhuck
3rd August 2012, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
3rd August 2012, 04:18 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

White Elephant
3rd August 2012, 04:35 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum! You won't be disappointed with your decision, and great intro! Enjoy your stay!

snewin
3rd August 2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome. There is indeed a wealth of info on here. Makes for some very interesting reading. If I can't find it on here I'm sure it doesn't need to be known.

shorty
3rd August 2012, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the forum td42 awsome stuff you will really enjoy that truck great rig.

Rusco
3rd August 2012, 09:39 PM
good luck with all your future mods.

2TROLLFAM
4th August 2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome Aboard !! Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do, there’s heaps of ‘light’ reading to be done and when in doubt don’t hesitate to ask – the forum members are fantastic!!
We've got a Patrol & a Navara .. Flying the Nissan flag !!!

snewin
4th August 2012, 03:48 PM
Still 4 days until I pick her up. I'm so impatient. Currently going to be called Gertrude. GUII. Gertrude. Makes sense from this side of the computer. A car's got to have a strong name. I've had the Snotrocket, Poovan, Hitler's Revenge and Donovan. We're awaiting our new arrival with open arms.

Bloodyaussie
4th August 2012, 05:05 PM
Well done mate, you got a good one there.... next thing is the 9 grand you saved can be now spent on the fun extra's!!!!!!

Also as you steered away from the toyota all the money you would have spent on replacing CV's all the time can be spent on more extras or holidays, he he!!!

Finly Owner
4th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Rob

Tim