PDA

View Full Version : Anything to look out for on 07 CRD ???

miller12
2nd August 2012, 05:46 PM
Hi Just wondering if anyone has any info or food for thoughts on a 07 CRD what to look out for or modify any improvments people have found???

GRA.GU
3rd August 2012, 04:37 PM
Gooday Miller, The CRD is a good tourer straight off the showroom floor, and as far as I know has not developed typical faults. However, like all CRDs of any make they demand clean fuel and will play up badly if given dirty stuff. Again looking at reliability, an exhaust gas temp. gauge and Scangauge are popular additions, as is an EGR block. Beyond those the sky is the limit and the direction you take will depend on the depth of your pocket and the type of 4wdriving you do. If you use the search function on any of these subjects you will find some good information. Cheers.

miller12
3rd August 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks GRA that good to no i was thinking bout oil preasure gauge, turbo preasure, and exhaust temp seems thats the go from everyone i have talk to

teleman
3rd August 2012, 11:32 PM
X2 GRA.GU. Put a snorkel on the list to. you will be rewarded greatly by your trol. :)

my third 256
4th August 2012, 09:17 AM
2" lift and a catch can and ultra gauge

MEGOMONSTER
5th August 2012, 02:00 PM
You need to look out for big hill climbs, long bog holes and fun technical tracks and you should be right..............

growler2058
5th August 2012, 02:07 PM
As with any diesel a regular service history, especially in the early days of its life