PDA

View Full Version : GU Lift 2" Springs Only? stock shocks

WogsRus
2nd August 2012, 09:49 AM
Hi Guys

I want to get a suspension lift for my car, but for the short term can only afford to get the springs and the shocks in a couple of months or so.

I was wondering if anyone has done a 2" lift on a GU and only did the springs and not the shocks. I know the stock shocks will be limited in travel but essentially i will have the same travel up an down as now but the car will sit 50mm higher.

has anyone done this before?

MudRunnerTD
2nd August 2012, 10:01 AM
To be honest mate i would just wait and buy when you can bud or chase a second hand setup.

97_gq_lwb
2nd August 2012, 10:16 AM
I noticed most replacement shocks suit 50mm lift anyway but i have never measured them against stock shocks.

WogsRus
2nd August 2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah in two minds, could buy the whole kit now, but was hoping to get the exhaust done shortly cos dam the thing is sooooo asthmatic.

adventurepaul
2nd August 2012, 11:18 PM
Yes it will work, 2" lift with stock shocks. Just not ideal. See ebay, lots of suspension stuff on there cheap

WogsRus
3rd August 2012, 07:50 AM
yeah saw a basic kit for 560 delivered, with extended shocks, using lovell springs and Blupac shocks, i know, cheep but would work just fine for what i do with the car

Morton
6th August 2012, 04:45 PM
yeah saw a basic kit for 560 delivered, with extended shocks, using lovell springs and Blupac shocks, i know, cheep but would work just fine for what i do with the car

I would still by quality shocks & springs any which way, cheap springs & shock will last a couple of years before you have to replace them because they have sagged & decent stuff is not all that much dearer, look at Pedders even, just stay away from the cheap crap, you will be so very disappointed in it, remember cheap usually means nasty, only spend big money if your going to need it, you only put cheap if your going to sell it

WogsRus
6th August 2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah as they say, a poor man buys twice. LOL. I had dobinson and Lovell springs in the past and they only sagged 5-8 mm or so.