PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts for GU - 4.5

altech
1st August 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Guys , been look around for engine mounts lately maybe to replace in future, come across this on ebay, which one do I get regards Alex

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-GU-Single-Passenger-Side-Engine-Mounts-/180939423582?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a20d47f5e

MC97GQ
1st August 2012, 01:58 PM
altech,

Had a look at the ebay page for the swivel types mount in your first photo, noticed on a picture of the packaging that is says for off road use only.

Might pay to do a bit more research about those ones,

Mark

nissannewby
1st August 2012, 07:42 PM
The swivel ones are tough as but will transfer more movement onto the chassis. The standard ones will give a nice feel with less engine vibes being felt through the wheel etc.

04OFF
1st August 2012, 08:35 PM
I did a bit of research last year before replacing my 4.5L mounts, the one thing i did learn, was the only ones that always last more than 12months, are the genuine nissan mounts.

Ive run non genuine mounts on heaps of cars before and found them better in some situations, but with regard to the troll, i heard enough stories about people fitting non genuine quality mounts, only to end up having to replace them within 2 years,(with genuine mounts), to scare me into just going nissan mounts first time out.

It was a small consolation to discover, after my car rolled and sat on its roof, i was happy to find that the nissan mounts had not let the engine move enough to hit anything (ie bonnet, battery etc)