PDA

View Full Version : Multi Vehicle Recovery

oncedisturbed
30th July 2012, 11:56 PM
I didn't make this trip due to work and the thread write up is being completed over at 4WDA but it was effectively the inaugural trip for S.W.A.T 4x4 - South West All Terrain 4x4.

I am posting this up in the general patrol section but could also go into the safety threads as well.

Basically I am posting this up to show the importance of picking lines whilst off road and looking at available vs unavailable options. Mishaps will still occur regardless of how careful drivers are.

I will create a S.W.A.T 4x4 thread in the WA trips section for trips I am on :) but the link is here for those wishing to have a gander rather than trying to copy the lot, it is fairly image heavy for all you pic hungry members :)

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=134073

Woof
31st July 2012, 01:21 AM
Some very lucky people there mate, thanks for posting the link.

Stropp
31st July 2012, 06:56 PM
jeepers, glad it wasnt me and goes to show, one small movement makes the difference between upright and falling over.

Steve4wdin
31st July 2012, 07:49 PM
Enjoyed the read. Glad every one is ok

Chris79
31st July 2012, 08:13 PM
Looks like it could be a poor line choice or a simple case of not knowing where your wheels are pointed.
Probably one of the most common mistakes off-road, I would suggest everyone practices a hand over hand technique from the 9 and 3 hands position. Just like performance car driving this driving style allows you to keep track of the steering lock and find center in a hurry if need be.