PDA

View Full Version : New here kinda

Abarnes1
30th July 2012, 06:20 PM
Hi My name is Alan and I live up the north coast nsw. I always liked older 4x4 and I also like dirt bikes.

Back in 2007 I came across a very badly shaped Nissan patrol MQ with the square headlights (MK) basically an MQ model series II. Yep 1983 late model. It is a lwb and did not start.

A bit of history about the car below.

I bought it for $200 so I thought yeah I can fix this car up over time, it featured rusted out floor sections and sills. A ruined radiator, No wheels, Lights did not work, no mirrors, broken carb, completely destroyed interior, no seats, no good seatbelts, All the gauges broken even the needles for the tacho were snapped in half. The paint and door panels were dinged and ruined, all the door hinges broken the door locks broken, Actually it would be faster to say what worked. The engine seemed in good shape. It is a L28 fitted with aftermarket exhaust extractors, which look rusted.

Me and my father spend a good time slowly making something of it as a project. Well it came along way since then.

I learned alot from this car and actually from time to time over the years found answers on this very forum. However I never really got active or anything on here. My reason now is I need some help and have some questions after some recent problems, that i have searched and to no avail.

MudRunnerTD
30th July 2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome here Bud, Enjoy and i hope you find your answers.

Look forward to a Members Ride thread with a heap of pics of your build.

Cheers MR

threedogs
30th July 2012, 06:32 PM
Welcome mate, great bunch of people here, plenty of info as well, Enjoy
look forward to some pics

MEGOMONSTER
30th July 2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

wildgu6
30th July 2012, 08:22 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of ideas, advice, adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Abarnes1
30th July 2012, 08:47 PM
Alright thank you everyone :) I wish i did this a year back but just never had the time.
Anyway I just spend a good 2 hours resizing pictures and making some order of them for a post i just did. Which is located here if i can put a link here. (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?13557-My-MK-lwb-converted-to-utility&p=252025#post252025)

growler2058
30th July 2012, 09:23 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Bigrig
30th July 2012, 09:28 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

AB
30th July 2012, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Great introduction too mate!

Dhuck
30th July 2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
31st July 2012, 07:31 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

White Elephant
31st July 2012, 03:49 PM
G'day Alan, welcome to the forum mate. Enjoy your stay!