PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Action Rainforest Challenge DVD

growler2058
29th July 2012, 04:47 PM
At work and the above dvd fell into me laptop so i thought i better have a watch.
GO THE TROLL!!!!! HAHahhahahahaa. Roothys 40 stuffed a CV so did the four runner, but Glen from Roo systems in his "new" troll made it all look too easy, gotta love it :-)

Clunk
29th July 2012, 04:58 PM
he seems to make most of the tracks easier in the troll compared to Roofy and the others in their little toys lol

growler2058
29th July 2012, 05:07 PM
Theyre all full on giving it curry and he just moseys on up and over bloody classic!!

Winnie
29th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Roothy drives me nuts. He acts like he's the 4WDing god but his car is a nugget and if it's not bogged its broken

Tappa tappa

taslucas
30th July 2012, 03:03 PM
Roothy drives me nuts. He acts like he's the 4WDing god but his car is a nugget and if it's not bogged its broken

Tappa tappa

X2 on that.

They spend hours winching that damned Milo around! If I got asked to go for a drive with him I'd decline as I'm sure I'd just be there ti run the winch cable!!

I've just watched the DVD myself, it really sh!ts me that even Gleno half bags out the patrol.

But guys, take notice of how glen praises the auto for control.:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
30th July 2012, 03:08 PM
In the newer DVD, Roofy is constantly saying what a powerhouse that GU is.

growler2058
30th July 2012, 03:44 PM
But guys, take notice of how glen praises the auto for control.:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

Just another who lacks hand, eye, foot coordination hahahahahahahha

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

taslucas
30th July 2012, 04:10 PM
In the newer DVD, Roofy is constantly saying what a powerhouse that GU is.

Yeah and at the start of the 'wet weekend' DVD he says the patrol "won't have enough grunt" blah blah blah.. Then by the end of it he's saying "wow it's got some grunt" but keeps saying it's because of the roo systems chip etc....

Tap, crackle, pop

growler2058
30th July 2012, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't expect anything else from a busted arsed yota driver

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

megatexture
30th July 2012, 04:33 PM
how convenient that the cameras should break and there’s no footage of the troll walking up the track roothy spent hrs winching on

taslucas
30th July 2012, 08:31 PM
how convenient that the cameras should break and there’s no footage of the troll walking up the track roothy spent hrs winching on

They showed the trol making it up easy. Gleno says "I thought id just try to get as far up as i could but THE PATROL JUST KEPT GOING!!!"

It was the forerunner that the cameras broke on.

Winnie
30th July 2012, 08:33 PM
You know your 40s series is a failure when a four runner shows you up all day every day. Not by much though :P
Then the real men come along in their Patrols and show the little boys how it's done.

taslucas
30th July 2012, 08:38 PM
Awww dont spoil the ending! I fell asleep watching it last night.... (must have been during a winching section)

hahaha MILO:Powered by Avenger lol

Winnie
30th July 2012, 08:41 PM
C'mon is it really much of a spoiler to say that a Patrol out performed a Cruiser? Thought that was a given...

growler2058
30th July 2012, 09:18 PM
Im gunna watch it again tonight just for sh1ts n giggles

taslucas
30th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Im gunna watch it again tonight just for sh1ts n giggles

And because you loooove it

growler2058
30th July 2012, 09:35 PM
I do love watching that troll walk where others fear to tread ;-)

megatexture
30th July 2012, 10:12 PM
from memory they said they couldnt show a section glen drove up that roothy had to winch as the cameras broken then when the 4runner went up a second camera died during the 4runners run
was like 2 weeks ago i saw it though

growler2058
30th July 2012, 10:33 PM
from memory they said they couldnt show a section glen drove up that roothy had to winch as the cameras broken then when the 4runner went up a second camera died during the 4runners run

x2 i'll confirm shortly ;-)

megatexture
30th July 2012, 11:49 PM
haha i might have to also lol

growler2058
31st July 2012, 12:33 AM
Yup camera sh@t on the second hill the troll walked up

megatexture
31st July 2012, 12:41 AM
cheers:smiley_thumbs_up: thats a good test for my memory now i just have to rember where my car keys are !

growler2058
31st July 2012, 12:42 AM
I know..............theyre where ya left em ;-)

megatexture
31st July 2012, 12:49 AM
ohhh you would think that ! but my 2 yr old loooves my keys and the go walkabout more often then i like.

growler2058
31st July 2012, 01:31 AM
Had a visitor from someone unexpected when my eldest daughter was 2 and i hadnt seen this person for years and didnt really like them as such, and she wouldnt leave. So after numerous yawns and hints im crashing out now, she decides its time to go. Well wheres the keys. im running around like a madman looking for them, find out she has spares. so i say when they turn up ill bring em to her. Still she wants to hang around. Wake the lil one up, "have you seen the ladies keys"? Answers yes. Where are they darling. Answers dont know. MMM, finally she goes home. Next morning ask the little one again and she points up. And there hanging out the wall where a wall plug had been are the frikkin keys bless her

taslucas
31st July 2012, 07:55 AM

Ahh sorry mega, i must have got mixed up by the fact that roothy winches up EVERYTHING lol. Please accept my humble appology

MEGOMONSTER
31st July 2012, 12:06 PM
You have to admit, at least it was a very entertaining DVD

Winnie
31st July 2012, 12:13 PM
Always good to see a stuck Cruiser. Especially when it gets stuck 46 times on one hill. I wonder how long Roothy's winches last?

megatexture
31st July 2012, 01:03 PM
Ahh sorry mega, i must have got mixed up by the fact that roothy winches up EVERYTHING lol. Please accept my humble appology

na your fine mate i thought i was losing the plot is all haha. i always watch the DVDs twice once when i get them and then again when the missus is available to watch so because they rate lockers so much its slowly convincing the wife that we need them haha

taslucas
31st July 2012, 01:09 PM
I wonder how long Roothy's winches last?

The whole DVD. Hahaha

Tap, crackle, pop

megatexture
31st July 2012, 01:15 PM
and roothy says " ill try drive some to save the winch " i think he needs to upgrade to a pto or hydraulic winch lol then he can winch around town also. on another note the jungle trekker tyres the 4runner had on seemed to perform pretty good.

taslucas
31st July 2012, 01:18 PM
and roothy says " ill try drive some to save the winch " i think he needs to upgrade to a pto or hydraulic winch lol then he can winch around town also. on another note the jungle trekker tyres the 4runner had on seemed to perform pretty good.

Jungle trekkers are amazing on any vehicle. Had some on the MQ shorty, man they are gooood!

Roothy should pull the engine out and put a battery bank in for his winch!

Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
31st July 2012, 01:35 PM
Should just pull the engine out and throw the sh!tbox in the scrap heap. Lemon of a car.

taslucas
31st July 2012, 02:07 PM
He keeps saying how good it is and how long it's been going but look how much maintenance it gets. On their last Tassie trip they flushed all oils, diff, gearbox, transfer and engine. Greased everything. Repacked wheel bearings. All filters. All this before AND after the trip. Oh and a new set of tyres. They said it's important to do it when driving in that sort of environment...... Well I'm f@cked then because I live here!!!
Oh and Milo snapped an axle halfway down the west coast.

Tap, crackle, pop

macca
31st July 2012, 05:36 PM
If I got asked to go for a drive with him I'd decline as I'm sure I'd just be there ti run the winch cable!!

One of club members met him at a servo, after a bit of a yarn he gave this fella his phone number.
Said give him a call and he would join us for a club trip.
When it was tabled at a meeting I have never heard so many blokes say F-off in unison, he has his fans but not here aparently.

Havn't seen the vid you are talking about, but good to hear the Patrol does well.

MEGOMONSTER
31st July 2012, 09:47 PM
Watched an old episode with the Missus and the only thing I got out of her was, " I hate the way Roothy talks", funny thing is , me too.

Winnie
31st July 2012, 09:52 PM
Mods, please change the name of this thread to "The official Roothy bagging thread"

Clunk
31st July 2012, 09:53 PM
He's got a wicked larfff though lol

taslucas
31st July 2012, 09:56 PM
Mods, please change the name of this thread to "The official Roothy bagging thread"

He looks like a Gnome hehehehe

Winnie
31st July 2012, 10:05 PM
Uh-oh!!!!!! Looks like somebody finally managed to knock some sense into him. He looks happy sitting in a real car.

http://www.perth4x4.com.au/wp-content/gallery/perth-4x4/roothy.jpg

rusty_nail
31st July 2012, 10:07 PM
his cooking is too gourmet. who need recipes in the bush lol

Winnie
31st July 2012, 10:08 PM
What's wrong with snags in bread?

taslucas
31st July 2012, 10:21 PM
his cooking is too gourmet. who need recipes in the bush lol

lol yeah but EVERY SINGLE recipe that is sent in by a viewer he changes!

And EVERY SINGLE recipe is this: "get what ever you want then put it in a camp oven, heat up, then eat" and pretend its some kind of magical combination!

growler2058
31st July 2012, 10:26 PM
What's wrong with snags in bread?

The Loveday meetup cookup was more than bread n snags and was fkn brilliant

megatexture
1st August 2012, 12:02 AM
did you add a tube of garlic and coriander like roothy

growler2058
1st August 2012, 12:16 AM
Nah about 6 b unches of the fresh stuff

Clunk
1st August 2012, 12:17 AM
Just chillies lol

growler2058
1st August 2012, 12:21 AM
Just chillies lol

HAHAHAHhahaha yep its on the vid ;-)

megatexture
1st August 2012, 12:27 AM
i rember the older vids all he did was throw in say 3-5 ingredients then season with 1/2 a ltr of sweet chilli give it a few beers and serve haha

growler2058
1st August 2012, 12:34 AM
i rember the older vids all he did was throw in say 3-5 ingredients then season with 1/2 a ltr of sweet chilli give it a few beers and serve haha

Ahhhh the simple things in life ;-)

megatexture
1st August 2012, 12:36 AM
thats still prity complicated for a yota driver

Clunk
1st August 2012, 12:36 AM
Sounds bloody marvelous to me....... All I ever used to have was cold beans lol

macca
1st August 2012, 07:33 AM
I have no doubt he is great company, be a grin around a campfire. Wouldn't lend him my Ute though.

The magazine he works for or owns? are so advert driven I cancelled my subs years ago.

When I 1st got into 4wheeling I would take Roothys advice on board. Then saw that next month he would be promoting another product to do the same thing, soon realised what was in the mag being advertised was the "best thing" to buy on the acompaning DVD.

Made a few bad purchases, thats when I ditched him.

The DVD they did years ago on the Coffs Coast had a cooking segment, bananas of course, peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce.
The look on the crews face when he put it on their plate was priceless. In the bin and off to town for a burger!!!!
Sounds like he might have improved since then LOL.

Macca