PDA

View Full Version : RB30S engined Y60 Patrol,Dissy problem.

boady1
27th July 2012, 09:24 PM
I didn't realise how rare my 1988 RB30S carby engined Patrol was until I started hunting for a distributor. Any number of TB42's in wreckers but not mine. The dissy looks OK and has a new cap,leads etc but it seems the vacuum advance might be the issue. Anyone know if another type fits or if someone can recondition it. I've had it over 20yrs and reckon it still has a few left.

GQ TANK
31st July 2012, 06:54 PM
Keep a watch on ebay, as bits do come up - it took me 6 months to get a replacement dissy.

Note: the EFI skyline & vl comodore dizzys are differant.

Or go EFI (use a r31 skyline) set up the wiring for the efi is seperate.

mudnut
5th August 2012, 10:28 AM
I didn't realise how rare my 1988 RB30S carby engined Patrol was until I started hunting for a distributor. Any number of TB42's in wreckers but not mine. The dissy looks OK and has a new cap,leads etc but it seems the vacuum advance might be the issue. Anyone know if another type fits or if someone can recondition it. I've had it over 20yrs and reckon it still has a few left.

An old mitsubishi 4 banger auto advance diaphragm can be adapted, (with a lot of patience, and the use of an oxy torch and heat sinks, to attach the arm you have manufactured.) An old bike pump, reconfiguered to create a vacuum, will test your diaphragm, (do it gently). A mob in melbourne does recondition the auto advance units. Your local autoparts shop may be able to send yours away, but it costs$$$.

Also check that the second stage of your carby isn't binding in any position.

fat pete
6th August 2012, 10:36 AM
hey mate if ya still looking for a dizzy i got one ill sell you,ive just converted mine from carb to injection ,send me apm if your interested i dont need the points dizzy anymore..