PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 Di Diesel Chip - No Limit Tuning

guterra
26th July 2012, 08:01 PM
Hi,

Its been a while since I'be been active-ish on the forum (Moved interstate twice) - Hope everyone is doing well... I wanted to know if any fellow 3ltr Di dudes have managed to wire up the No Limit Chip. I extended a wire from the pump at the start of this year, but haven't been bothered to finish installing it because I wasn't sure if I had the correct wire. Ive had this chip rattling around in the back of the wagon since and the wire cable tied up in the engine bay...

If anyone has any information they can shed about it, that would be choice. :)

Thanks.

guterra
29th July 2012, 01:19 PM
So no one has attempted to install this in a Di motor???

my third 256
29th July 2012, 02:06 PM
sorry mine is plug and play in crd

boots
29th July 2012, 06:49 PM
Sorry guterra cannot help . but interested in your progress / outcome with it as I have the same donk as yours .

guterra
1st August 2012, 08:42 PM
Ok my curiosity got the better of me, so I installed it and guess what...... No fried ECU!!! The wire that I had was correct. (I did check it all with power probe before hook up. But you never know with cheap "unsupported devices" what is going to happen). Man, what a difference it makes.... Set the jumper down to step 2. Only problem is: When I lift my foot off the accelerator, it is delayed.. As in the engine runs a little longer, then idles down. The pump / injectors also make a funny sound when poking the accelerator when the engine idles down after lifting your foot... hmmmmmmm....

I didn't earth out on the pump, which I was supposed too (there are 2 earth points in the loom. 1 on batt and 1 on pump). So I will fix this issue when I get more time and hopefully it corrects it. I've disconnected the chip until I rectify the earth strap.

Will update again once all is sorted and share the hook up procedure...

Cheers.

mudski
6th August 2012, 10:49 PM
I have a DP chip and was thinking of purchasing one of these just to compare. As the two unit are wired in exactly the same. Because I honestly think there will be sweet FA between the two. Just the massive price difference. Which would prove how we Aussies get ripped off by our own. Please do report on how you go.

labratus
27th August 2012, 03:28 PM
hi all just joined the forum are there any up dates on these no limits 3.0l DI chips?

zedly
25th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Howdy all , I have just joined to look into this "no limit" module and came across this post ! I own the baby zd30 navara )

Now I'm working out how to get more ponies from her - done the snorkel, uni filter, a s/s 3" exhaust, egt and boost gauges so I'm ready for the "chip" ! I have to agree full heartedly with MUDSKI "this happens all across the board" Mudski -so called fellow Australian's "f'n us up the a hole" with huge mark ups ! grr I am so glad we have a chip now to stick it right up them !

I am going for this chip and will be tuning it on the dyno when she goes in for injectors and full timing chain kit gears etc..
So I will keep you all posted with the results, we will have the dyno stats I got on the dyno when I fitted the mentioned accessories so we will know first hand just how hard we are being f.u.t.a with these over priced modules from our so called "fellow Ausies" !

And if it works like I hope it will I plan to go out of my way to rave about this product on as many sites as I can and to these other a'hole chip companies ! fingers crossed , zedly

mudski
26th May 2013, 12:26 AM
Hey zedly. Head over to the intro section, say g'day and tell us a bit about yourself. Its something we ask all newcomers to do.
As for the topic, I have owned a No Limit Chip. I didn't add this to my previous post as I wasn't for a Patrol, an Isuzu D-Max. While I still hold my ground to my words of us getting torn a new one by our own, one thing I will add. If this chip turns sours and destroys your engine. Who are you gonna call? These dickheads in Germany won't do anything. Regardless of what their website claims. The only thing that got me to buy an Aussie product was its local and if it does turn to poo, its a local who will deal with it. Not saying their chip will do this, just something to think about.
Why I call No Limit dickheads you say? I bought a chip for my Dmax, turned up months later and was faulty. So I send it back and they claimed it never reached their P.O for collection. FIVE months later it arrives back on my doorstep. WITH all the documentation of it reaching their P.O, (which was only a couple of blocks from their place, check on Google maps) and a big sticker on the top saying it was never collected. It sat in the P.O for two months. I even rang their bloody post office and luckily they spoke good english and they said they claimed the parcel wasn't theirs and refused to collect it. Go figure.
So this is why I have a local chip. I would recommend to anyone getting a chip is to buy a known brand second hand. I paid around $600 for mine. Even at that price i think its a rip off once you see what it actually take to make a chip of this kind. The more technical common rail chips which actually alter rail pressures and can remap sensors ( or whatever they do) I can kind of understand the r & d that has been put into it. But the "simpler" chips like my DP chip which all it does adjust the IP timing, no way.
My 2c.

zedly
26th May 2013, 03:05 PM
Howdy Mudski will do-didn't think to introduce myself as I got caught up in replying to your post !
Never let it be said I don't like to vent ,')
I have to be honest guy's and I must tell you all "I am a spy" yep not as stupid as an "American in Russia type of spy" but none the less a spy ! ZD30 navara owner.... hmmm you have me thinking now but If they do one for the Di I think I will go for it as I have all the gauges and will tune it in on the dyno just to be careful ..Thanks for your insight though ! cheers Zedly

threedogs
26th May 2013, 03:23 PM
Don't need to spy just follow Forum protacol and ask away. no need for covert ops here LOL
I have DP chip and very happy on a 3 ltr Di

Rumcajs
26th May 2013, 09:57 PM
When you get over the feel good factor of purchasing Australian here is a little info for ya.
DPchip, Diesel Smart, ChipExpress for example are apparently resellers of DTE System GmbH the German Diesel tuning system.
See the pic apparently Diesel Smart ™ chip for ZD30 Di removed from its enclosure.....

mudski
27th May 2013, 09:35 PM
Who rocked your boat? Just quoting the obvious about buying from No Limit in Germany. The say they will warrant your engine if it dies because of their chip. I'll bet my house that they won't. No betting my car. I love my car more than my house :) I like the use of the word, apparently too.

I had to laugh though about a comment made by diesel smart claiming their chip will stop ZD30 Di detonation. I must find that post...

gazchazza
20th June 2013, 10:07 PM
Howdy all , I have just joined to look into this "no limit" module and came across this post ! I own the baby zd30 navara )

Now I'm working out how to get more ponies from her - done the snorkel, uni filter, a s/s 3" exhaust, egt and boost gauges so I'm ready for the "chip" ! I have to agree full heartedly with MUDSKI "this happens all across the board" Mudski -so called fellow Australian's "f'n us up the a hole" with huge mark ups ! grr I am so glad we have a chip now to stick it right up them !

I am going for this chip and will be tuning it on the dyno when she goes in for injectors and full timing chain kit gears etc..
So I will keep you all posted with the results, we will have the dyno stats I got on the dyno when I fitted the mentioned accessories so we will know first hand just how hard we are being f.u.t.a with these over priced modules from our so called "fellow Ausies" !

And if it works like I hope it will I plan to go out of my way to rave about this product on as many sites as I can and to these other a'hole chip companies ! fingers crossed , zedly

Hi Zedly, how has your dyno run gone as may also take a plunge and get one of these along with a 3" exhaust and the pyro egt and boost gauge?