PDA

View Full Version : good day

spikegorman
26th July 2012, 04:01 PM
just starting out with a maverick td42 non turbo never been on beach or off road and trying to work out whats best to spend on or make myself.I have bought a patrol docta snorkel and are making plans for fabrcating some rock sliders any body nhave some good photos to share?

growler2058
26th July 2012, 04:21 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

threedogs
26th July 2012, 05:21 PM
Welcome aboard, plenty of info here for you, plus great bunch of people, Enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
26th July 2012, 05:58 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Dhuck
26th July 2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

spikegorman
27th July 2012, 08:29 AM
thanks guys just got back from nightshift and making u brackets for sliders! have original ally steps on mav at the minute perfect condition. I was trying to see if I could incorporate them in to new sliders not sure yet
Am I right in thinking one of the slider rail sits right under sill 20mm gap and then one outside inline centre of tyre slightly raised? say 40 mm ?

Have a great weekend Gentlemen!!

Silver
27th July 2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Spikegorman, and Welcome!

There are quite a few posts about sliders on here - including some from a couple of days ago. I don't have any experience of them myself.

As to how you lay the rails out, I guess there is a balance to strike between three factors - maximising clearance underneath, leaving enough space so that the panels are clear of anything that pokes through, or from the rails if they spring under load, and finally, if you intend to use them as steps, the overall width.

In addition to round tube, have a look for stockyard railing profile - it is vaguely D shaped and looks the goods. I don't know if it is more difficult to bend - but are bends part of your design?

White Elephant
27th July 2012, 05:52 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay!

Finly Owner
27th July 2012, 10:05 PM
Hi and Welcome to Nissans Nut House Spike

Tim