PDA

View Full Version : quick suspension height question

dan dog
26th July 2012, 12:28 AM
sorry bout the stuiped question. Im new to nissans after a decade of hiluxs. but can anyone tell me the height of a standard or 2" lifted gq from center of hub to guard.

while im here, whats the minimum lift required to run 35. im ordering a new suspension kit tomorrow form ss and tossing up between the 2" flexy kit and the 3" flexy kit. i will be running 33s but if the urge to run 35s arrives i dont want lift to stop this. i do have a 30mm body lift in the shed if needed but dont realy want to go down that path.
thanks danny

growler2058
26th July 2012, 12:44 AM
4" to run 35's mate, so your 3' and body lift if required should do the trick

dan dog
26th July 2012, 12:55 AM
thanks for the quick reply growlers. 3 inch flexy kit it is and if later i go 35s i throw in the 30mm body lift. cost of the 4"+ kits are out of the question at the moment.

growler2058
26th July 2012, 01:06 AM
Id give it a crack with the 3" before chucking in the body lift. Even with three you will want castor correction and extended rear brake line. Take the existing rear and use on the front. Also get a brake proportioning valve bracket as well

dan dog
26th July 2012, 01:19 AM
thanks mate. what ive seen on the net, castor correction bushes, brake line and portioning valve bracket come in the kit but i make sure when i ring them tomorrow.

growler2058
26th July 2012, 01:20 AM
If ya can spare the coin I'd be going drop boxes or ext radius arms mate much better than castor bushes

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

dan dog
26th July 2012, 01:27 AM
eventually i will mate. order a few other bits and peices that need paying for.
ill like to have drop boxs, adj panhards and adj drag links to line everything back up but thats all as funds allow.

growler2058
26th July 2012, 01:33 AM
Mate you'll have a ball. I had a twin locked lolux with commy v6 before the troll and the troll even before I put a locker in the front kicks its arse ;-)

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

dan dog
26th July 2012, 01:42 AM
yeah really looking forward to getting it on some tracks once the lift goes in to see how it goes. just around town its so much smoother than the lux. i dont feel like a cripple when i get out of it.