PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen - Browns Gas injection

gleno
25th July 2012, 10:21 PM
I have a 91 diesel with an ARB turbo fitted many years ago. Can anyone help with advice to fitting a hydrogen gas converter. I have the cell and electrolyte bottle fitted between the bull bar and grill but wondering the best place to fit in the gas hose from the electrolyte/cell. Apparently if it is too far from the injection point the hydrogen and oxygen may start to reconstitute -to water; was thinking of fitting it into the overhead inlet manifold. Further away but easier to fit would be the rubber flange between the turbo and inlet manifold. Thanks if anyone knows about these
Gleno

BillsGU
26th July 2012, 11:24 AM
Put in a post before you fire it up . . . . . . so I can look for the mushroom cloud on the horizon !! :blowup::blowup::blowup:

johno90
26th July 2012, 06:31 PM
Can work good if done right, by the sounds of it tho you havent got it all sorted. putting hydro requires alot of planing and measuring of gasses. You will probably find that all you end up is with a big junk of steel sucking 40amps plus putting load on your car doing nothing. it took 3 big cells draining 80 amps each to make any difference to the 6 cyl we tried it on economy wise and its not worth it. it can be done tho but you will need mulitple pwm and bubblers and cells. if your still really interested i can tell you more on what makes them work great show you a few pics of cells ive made.

BillsGU
26th July 2012, 07:21 PM
Can work good if done right, by the sounds of it tho you havent got it all sorted. putting hydro requires alot of planing and measuring of gasses. You will probably find that all you end up is with a big junk of steel sucking 40amps plus putting load on your car doing nothing. it took 3 big cells draining 80 amps each to make any difference to the 6 cyl we tried it on economy wise and its not worth it. it can be done tho but you will need mulitple pwm and bubblers and cells. if your still really interested i can tell you more on what makes them work great show you a few pics of cells ive made.

But surely, it takes more energy for your engine to create the hydrogen than the amount of energy that the hydrogen adds to your engine. If not - you have invented perpetual motion. The engine could run forever on the fuel it produces itself !!!

taslucas
26th July 2012, 07:43 PM
But surely, it takes more energy for your engine to create the hydrogen than the amount of energy that the hydrogen adds to your engine. If not - you have invented perpetual motion. The engine could run forever on the fuel it produces itself !!!

Exactly......

Tap, crackle, pop

johno90
28th July 2012, 02:14 PM
im not saying you can run an engine off it, but use it like diesel gas, the hydrogen is just there to make a more complete burn. hence slight improvment in power and economy.

BillsGU
28th July 2012, 05:25 PM
im not saying you can run an engine off it, but use it like diesel gas, the hydrogen is just there to make a more complete burn. hence slight improvment in power and economy.

Difference with diesel gas is that the engine does not use energy to produce the gas. Good luck with your project but you must use energy (from the engine) to make hydrogen and then feed this hydrogen back to the engine. Every process has some losses - but say your process was 100% efficient - you still could not have more engine power than you had before. If you can show me on paper (before and after fuel stats and dyno charts) I would believe you have a case.

johno90
29th July 2012, 08:54 AM
Im not the one doing mate op is, my dad is super crazy about this sorter stuff and I've seen some good things but i would never use it because of the whole need to use hell of a lot of power to make little gain. diesel gas or even water meth is the way to go.