PDA

View Full Version : Dash switches

Boofa
25th July 2012, 06:13 PM
Hi guys,

I am in the process of wiring up some new driving lights on my 07 GU, I wan't to use the 2 blank switches next to the sub tank switch at the bottom of the dash. I have already removed the blank switches in the centre console as I mounted my UHF in there, does anybody know if the blanks next to the sub tank switch are the same as the ones in the centre console?

Any info would be much appriciated as I don't want to buy the wrong switches

Thanks

oncedisturbed
25th July 2012, 06:20 PM
As far as I know, all the blanking plates for swtiches should be the same and be able to take normal rocker switches, I know they are on mine (09)

threedogs
25th July 2012, 07:00 PM
Check out CUSTOM ROCKERS on ebay, heaps of different styles like ARB locker switch {blue} all marked for different uses, eg roof lights, work light etc. You'll find the
one you want already marked driving lights

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2012, 07:14 PM
Yes they are the same. Terrible spot for a Switch though! I have recently moved the Sub Tank switch from there and swapped places with the power aerial position in the gear stick surround. Heap Better spot. My Spotlight switch is there too.

threedogs
25th July 2012, 08:01 PM
Put my driving light switch on the RHS of dash near fast idle and mirror switch, never use it though

Boofa
25th July 2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks alot guys, saves me pulling the dash apart just for a look, only have to do it once now

TimE
26th July 2012, 12:41 PM
Here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8498-GU-IV-Subtank-switch-relocation-NO-COST)is what I did with some of my switches and blanks, yes on a GU IV they are interchangeable.

oncedisturbed
26th July 2012, 02:19 PM
Same as 3dogs, my spottie switch is on the RHS next to dimmer switch. Need to put more in yet for when I mount the light bar and worklights etc

Boofa
26th July 2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks alot TimE, I all ready have my bullbar spotties switch where you have put the ariel switch, I am installing a LED light bar on the roof rack I want to put the switch for that where you have got the sub tank switch, I am also putting Reversing LED's on rear of roof rack, switch for them to go next to original sub tank position, and finally Do you think that the Ariel up/down switch will have enough slack to reach the furtherest blank next to the original sub tank switch position?

I have not got room on the RHS as I have a High Idle switch in there,

Im trying to use up all the standard Switch positions before I start to make my own spots

adventurepaul
26th July 2012, 11:55 PM
Here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8498-GU-IV-Subtank-switch-relocation-NO-COST)is what I did with some of my switches and blanks, yes on a GU IV they are interchangeable.

TimE......What did you use to cut the holes? looks quite neat, good job. Ive since run out of switch room too and looking for more.

threedogs
27th July 2012, 12:06 AM
You can scribe it then use small drill around inside of line then file, should be snug fit

TimE
27th July 2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks alot TimE, I all ready have my bullbar spotties switch where you have put the ariel switch, I am installing a LED light bar on the roof rack I want to put the switch for that where you have got the sub tank switch, I am also putting Reversing LED's on rear of roof rack, switch for them to go next to original sub tank position, and finally Do you think that the Ariel up/down switch will have enough slack to reach the furtherest blank next to the original sub tank switch position?

I have not got room on the RHS as I have a High Idle switch in there,

Im trying to use up all the standard Switch positions before I start to make my own spots

On mine the aerial switch had plenty of cable length, would have reached any of the switch blanks in the console or the panel under the heater controls

TimE
27th July 2012, 09:15 AM
TimE......What did you use to cut the holes? looks quite neat, good job. Ive since run out of switch room too and looking for more.

Mate, I'd like to claim the talent to cut such nice holes, however they are there from the factory, just had blanks in the spots I put the switches.

Rusco
3rd August 2012, 10:07 PM
are these switches from arb specific to the GQ, Nissan, or any car.