PDA

View Full Version : What is a 6.5 Chevy conversion worth and is it good value for money?

dazm
25th July 2012, 01:52 AM
Hi all,

I looked at a 99 GU today that had a 6.5 Chevy. I don't think it was a Brunswick conversion but holy crap it sounded insane, like a tank.

Just wwondering what these conversions are worth (drive in/drive out) and how reliable they are afterwards.

I'm assuming they'd be thirsty on the juice as well.

Cheers

Daz.

threedogs
25th July 2012, 07:18 AM
You wouldn't get much change from $20,000. huge amounts of torque, tow anything, fuel stays the same around 15lt/100k from memory. they're different diesels you can use eg the V8 ford job.
Check out a conversion thread someone fitting a Toyota turbo 6 diesel into a GU, interesting stuff.

nissannewby
25th July 2012, 06:53 PM
As above and thats on the cheaper side of it. I know of some people who have run these and although they sound good they tend to have a lot of issues. They do tow well but you are still limited by the allowabke weight your vehicle can tow and as the chevs are quite a heavy engine you loose some of your towing weight. Springs can also come under stress in the front as well and will prob sag more readily than with the nissan motor in it. These are all minor things really if you are gonna go down that track get a supercharged version cos they haul ass and fuel economy is relatively good for that size donk.