PDA

View Full Version : Narva extremes on factory steel bar

Blacklotusdog
24th July 2012, 09:40 AM
Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone has Narva extreme driving lights fitted to the factory steel bar, i am planning on getting a set and converting to 100W HID but just wanted to check they will fit, from my rough measurements they will but would be good to hear from someone who has them.

Cheers,

Tim

threedogs
24th July 2012, 10:40 AM
You'll probably need flat backed DLs, the factory bar is very close to the grill. If you can fit the ballast into one you should be fine, secure the ballast some how, try to avoid external ballast.

nissannewby
24th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Hey bud I have fitted lightforce XGT's to the factory bar on my GU alls I had to do was re drill the holes. As far as im aware these are a larger light than what you want to run so they shoudl fit.

threedogs
24th July 2012, 01:41 PM
No doubt your XGTs stick out past the front of the bullbar, thats not legal in Vic. Plenty get pinged for it too

nissannewby
24th July 2012, 01:43 PM
They dont actually

threedogs
24th July 2012, 01:48 PM
Great, must be close then ,but if they fit, they fit. Thats all that matters

nissannewby
24th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Easily got an inch if not more there is quite a bit of room on the factory bars. The other thing you may have to look at is if it has an adr airbag approved bar in this case you can not drill it.

Blacklotusdog
24th July 2012, 02:12 PM
Hmmm, having don a bit more searching i am siding towards the IPF 900XS, would be converting them to 70W HID with a kit from Roadrunner offroad. Can anyone confirm if the IPF's are what nissan use as the factory fitted option, seem to remember reading this somewhere but not sure.

nissannewby
24th July 2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah mate they are its what i removed from mine to put the lightforce on.

Blacklotusdog
24th July 2012, 08:05 PM
Coolies, cheers fellas.

nissannewby
24th July 2012, 08:06 PM
I still have them if you wanted to save yaself some money depending where your located.

04OFF
25th July 2012, 05:01 AM
You'll probably need flat backed DLs, the factory bar is very close to the grill. If you can fit the ballast into one you should be fine, secure the ballast some how, try to avoid external ballast.

Is there problems that occur from running external ballast threedogs ?

Blacklotusdog
25th July 2012, 09:36 AM
Hey Nissan newby,

Im in Roxby Downs S.A, would you be willing to post em out? Did you wanna PM me what you would want for em.

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2012, 10:43 AM
SNAP! Everything Newby said is what i have done too. IPF 900s off the bar and XGTs on the GUIV Factory bar with no trouble at all. I think i turned the mounting base on the lights around to face the other way which is an option on the mount and it set them back well into the bar.

I am going to convert the IPFs to HID and fit them to my Zook ;)

nissannewby
25th July 2012, 06:56 PM
Is there problems that occur from running external ballast threedogs ?

Not normally most external ballasts are a solid state which makes them waterproof and all that. As with anything the dramas will occur and the connections at the plugs but most have weatherproof plugs on them.