PDA

View Full Version : the best weekend!!!!!

hekarewe
23rd July 2012, 06:03 PM
guys i just can not contain myself!!!!! in fact i have been beside myself for the last couple of days,,,, ( a scary thought considering how big i am!!!) but as some of you who know me better then othwer know i have the odd skeliton in the closet and no scotty its not the gimp suit wrong closet!! i idigress,,, i have 3 kids to my previous marrage and as would have it my first wife was the devil incarnet and as such have not seen or heard from my kids there for a bout 14 years. here it comes

late saturday night i get a friend request on face book from my eldest son Ben. ben is now 27 and as had suspected he has lost his way abit but none the less found me on FB and made contact,,,,, not to the bastard run away dad a new one,,,, but to get to know me again!!!!

and so we spoke twice over the weekend on FB for over 4 hours to say i am extatic is an understatment just slightly over the moon and had to share with my friends on here.

Winnie
23rd July 2012, 06:41 PM
That's such good news Hek! It would be such a great feeling to hear from him after such a long time, all the best with everything and I hope it all turns out well as I know it will.

Dhuck
23rd July 2012, 06:47 PM
Great to hear mate. I know exactly what it is like. I have 2 kids that I have not seen in 11 years. Got a hold of an email address belonging to one of them. Had email contact for about 6 weeks before it came to a screaming halt only last year. Mate I was ecstatic and could not stop talking about the fact. I hope that one day they may even do the same as your son and send me a friend request. But at the time I could not get the smile off my face.

89gqpatrol4x4
23rd July 2012, 06:51 PM
awesome news hope all goes well and you can catch up on all those years missed. I don't have kids so I can only imagine but maybe as an adult you can rekindle a relationship. All the best.

Bob
23rd July 2012, 07:16 PM
guys i just can not contain myself!!!!! in fact i have been beside myself for the last couple of days,,,, ( a scary thought considering how big i am!!!) but as some of you who know me better then othwer know i have the odd skeliton in the closet and no scotty its not the gimp suit wrong closet!! i idigress,,, i have 3 kids to my previous marrage and as would have it my first wife was the devil incarnet and as such have not seen or heard from my kids there for a bout 14 years. here it comes

late saturday night i get a friend request on face book from my eldest son Ben. ben is now 27 and as had suspected he has lost his way abit but none the less found me on FB and made contact,,,,, not to the bastard run away dad a new one,,,, but to get to know me again!!!!

and so we spoke twice over the weekend on FB for over 4 hours to say i am extatic is an understatment just slightly over the moon and had to share with my friends on here.

THAT IS GREAT NEWS MATE. i HOPE THAT YOU HAVE MANY YEARS OF JOY AND MATESHIP AHEAD OF YOU BOTH

scotty83
23rd July 2012, 07:16 PM
that is great news mate. Hope this opportunity continues on its renewed path. Family is the most important thing in life.

taslucas
23rd July 2012, 07:30 PM
Good stuff mate. All the best for you both in the future:)

boots
23rd July 2012, 07:35 PM
Three cheers for hek and Ben , hip hip hooray -hip hip hooray -hip hip hooray ! . top stuff mate . wrapped for ya .

Bigrig
23rd July 2012, 07:59 PM
Outstanding news old mate - although I was suspecting the gimp suit story, that one is heaps better, and quite frankly, I'm over the moon for you - couldn't imagine how hard that would be (as my two to the previous wife are with me all the time, and she is actually a good mate as it were - no child support, no restrictions and all that crap).

Sincerely happy for you mate!!! Get him up here and involved in our group - he'll never want to leave!!

AB
23rd July 2012, 08:13 PM
Outstanding news mate, great to hear. Just take it one step at a time obviously and hopefully it all works out for ya mate!!!!

Chris79
23rd July 2012, 08:19 PM
Great news mate, all the best with it.

My father in law unfortunately has not had such luck. I helped him set a facebook account and we found his son, unfortunately no replies as yet.

Cheers

04OFF
23rd July 2012, 08:41 PM
Great news Adrian, never to late to make things work mate, heres hoping you guys can build a great friendship in the near future :smiley_thumbs_up:

So FB is good for something after all ! (ha-ha)

hekarewe
23rd July 2012, 08:56 PM
thank you everyone for the good wishes and i am just taking every small step at the moment and letting ben set the pace as it were all i can do is be paitante not one of my strong suits but i just have wait for him dont want to scare him but coming on to strong to soon.... thank you every one!!!

Woof
24th July 2012, 01:07 AM
Great news there mate, hope everything turns out for you and your son

MudRunnerTD
24th July 2012, 01:16 AM
Hey Congrats Hek, that is awesome. may it continue well into your life and you both find what you are looking for.

I think you are proceeding at the right pace there ol mate and all success to ya.

Hey! Imagine if he drove a Toyota!.....Damn! :tongue:

hekarewe
24th July 2012, 02:56 AM
Hey Congrats Hek, that is awesome. may it continue well into your life and you both find what you are looking for.

I think you are proceeding at the right pace there ol mate and all success to ya.

Hey! Imagine if he drove a Toyota!.....Damn! :tongue:

weeeeelllllll appparently he has had a toymuta landbarge in the past so will have to try and correct that

but thanks for the good wishes

Wine_maker
24th July 2012, 04:19 PM
Great news mate! Your life became MUCH interesting!

Cheers!

Ade
24th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Yup..sort of refresh button! Have the good time now Hek..you all deserve it.

Cheers,
Ade

daggy
24th July 2012, 08:45 PM
The right way is too stay true to yourself and be the real person that you are, not the person that someone told him you are. Small steps and best of luck.