PDA

View Full Version : Blown turbo gasket

REUDY
23rd July 2012, 03:32 PM
Hi guys, i have a 2009 patrol zd30 3lt t/d auto, last october i blew a turbo gasket, nissan said they couldn't find anything wrong with turbo, february we towed our camper trailer to fraser island and back, on our way fuel consumption was 19.4lt/100km, and blowing black smoke, on return from holidays put patrol in for service, they found blown turbo gasket,warped exhaust manifold, and a blown 'o' ring behind timing chain that was leaking coolant.
Any ideas as to what would cause this damage? Need help! Gary

Rumcajs
25th July 2012, 12:18 AM
Blown turbo base gasket I assume and warped exhaust manifold are typical issues with EGT s (Exhaust Gas Temperature) too high that is too much fuel(over fueling) injected which is suggested by black smoke and excessive fuel consumption.
Do you have boost and EGT gauges fitted? Any other egine mods? Chip, EGR shim, Oil separator (catch can)?!
CrD ZD30 especially seem to have these issues. Causes are varied, possibly could be injectors, restricted intake before/after turbo, EGR misbehaving .....
As for the blown "O" ring behind timing chain I wouldn't have slightest idea.
Cheers

REUDY
25th July 2012, 03:49 PM
G'day mate, i dont have a boost gauge or pyrometer gauge fitted, nissan have inspected and cleaned egr valve, engine is stock standard

big bell
29th July 2012, 12:59 PM
very common both problems ! the oring is a costly one though !