PDA

View Full Version : bull bar

tassie wombat
22nd July 2012, 09:27 PM
gday,are the xrox bars the only ones that a highmount will bolt into, that are airbag compatible?? series 3 gu wagon.thanks

threedogs
22nd July 2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks thought they might have been, Have you tried Millweld . post some pics if you get one

megatexture
22nd July 2012, 10:02 PM
from what ive seen millweld aren’t airbag compatible and cant say ive seen anyothers that will fit the highmount not to say they arnt out there.

tassie wombat
22nd July 2012, 10:09 PM
i like the millweld ones,but according to their web site,not airbag compatible,bugger!

megatexture
22nd July 2012, 10:21 PM
who needs airbags lol i t-boned a lady doing 70km that ran a light infront my old hilux and ive got the airbags disabled for when my daughters in there with me and i lived with a cut on my knee though it took 40 min to cut the lady out

tassie wombat
23rd July 2012, 05:14 PM
so what would be the differance between a bar that is air bag compatible and one that isnt? surely the chassis mounts etc would all be very similar ?

tassie wombat
23rd July 2012, 08:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it possible to fit a bar that isnt airbag compatible to a vehicle that has air bags??? ie the millweld comersial bars

04OFF
23rd July 2012, 09:30 PM
If your car came factory with a airbag, a aftermarket bullbar will not be legal in Aus unless it is ADR69 compliant, (Full Frontal Impact Occupant Protection, 2006)

Basicly, the bar must be certified by the manufacturer as to not interfere with the airbag and its trigger system etc.

more info here.....

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Series/F2006L01455

I guess (and im only guessing) what could happen, is if your bar and mounts are too strong or too weak, the front of the car does not crumple at the designed or desierd rate, this could trigger a airbag early so it is not effective, or worse , trigger the system to late, going off into your face breaking your neck !