PDA

View Full Version : GU rear camera placement

threedogs
21st July 2012, 09:47 PM
Hi again you talked me out of the GPS style cameras. Are those rear number plate jobs ok or is there a better position for the back. It'll all be hard wired.

megatexture
21st July 2012, 09:53 PM
I’ve got mine above the plate and it’s a good spot. I’ve got it pointing so i can just see the toe receiver when one is in, The only other place i would put it would be on the roof rack that would to me be the best view but would be a pain to fit

threedogs
21st July 2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah got you on the roof rack bit, I'll go the number plate as looks neat there, was just a pain to hook one up to see the view. I take it you view via in dash screen??

megatexture
21st July 2012, 11:35 PM
Yea double din on dash and I've hooked em up to come on with accessories not reverse but I'm happy with its field of view

mudski
22nd July 2012, 09:18 PM
I'll be fitting the rear camera on the roof rack ( when it eventually arrives) and the front camera, in the grille somewhere. Hows the recovery plates doing too TD?

adventurepaul
22nd July 2012, 11:38 PM
My rear is in the gap below the rear door and the rear step, dead centre. Bottom of screen is towball and edges are corner bumpers. Front is a ccd not cmos type, and just off centre behind winch.