PDA

View Full Version : Long time looker so i better introduce myself. WogsRus for a GU8.

WogsRus
21st July 2012, 09:17 PM
Hi All

I figured i better introduce myself. My name is Maciek, but around these parts i am know as Wog, hence WogsRus.

We recently completed a trip around the Easter Sea Board of australia to the tip of Cape York. On our way back through the middle, we stopped in at Mt Isa and before i knew it, my 5 year old beloved Pajero was traded in on a brand Spanking GU8 50th Simpson anniversary.

Long story short, the paj was at about 150K and due for replacement, the guys at Pickering Mt Isa gave me a price i could not refuse, so we decided to bite the bullet and buy a new car.

I was never one for Patrols, they are very much agricultural but seeing as this was MY toy, it did not matter to me. The Patrol is VERY capable off road, particularly with the diff lock, but it does lack some creature comforts and fines.

So far i have had the car about 6 weeks and covered 7000km so here is the good and the bad of it so far.

Good:
1) The space, sooo much space.
2) Fuel ecconomy, i get about 900km out of a tank in town, that is sub and main, loving it.
3) Off road, makes 4x4ing so easy
4) Solid, the car feels well put together and has a SOLID feeling to it all
5) Barn doors, took a while to get use to it, but so much easier to use when you have kids

Bad:
1) Engine, outdated and slow, but i am biast as the Paj made close to 200rWkw so yeah, need to do some work here. Compared to my wife Mazda 6 MZR-CD its soooo slow and under powered.
2) Silver interior buts, when i find the guy who figured the silver paint will JUST do....
3) Missing the little civil bits, like the mist wiper setting, hitting the indicator stork once for 3 blinks ect.
4) Paint finish, i have a silver one and have already more scratches on it than any car to date.

Over all, the swap has been great and very please with the car so far. Keep and eye out for upcoming mods and the like.

WogsRus
21st July 2012, 09:22 PM
Will have some more pics soon, spent all day polishing her up.

IF anyone needs a new polish, highly recommend Maguiers Ultimate Liquid Wax, the glow of the paint and the gloss is truly amazing.

MEGOMONSTER
21st July 2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

threedogs
21st July 2012, 09:43 PM
Welcome wog, great bunch of people here and lots of info, enjoy

Dhuck
21st July 2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2012, 12:34 AM
Welcome here mate. Nice car. I hope you don't regret a day of ownership. You'll love it.

Good intro mate, sounds like a great trip you did.

Johno and Weesie
22nd July 2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the forum

AB
22nd July 2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

WogsRus
22nd July 2012, 07:39 AM
If your interested details can be found here

http://ozmeabroad2012.blogspot.com.au/

taslucas
22nd July 2012, 09:41 AM
Welcome aboard mate:)

GUtsy ute
22nd July 2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome Maciek,
That's a great trip you did by the sounds of it.
If you haven't already, put up some pics of your trip in the video and photo section please.
We all love our pics on here and seeing places in OZ to get out and see.

Cheers Gavin

DSzuke
22nd July 2012, 12:30 PM
I had a look at your blog, what a trip!

I bet the kids just had a ball and learnt heaps on the way.

You have inspired me to get cracking on the build so I can get the family out there!

WogsRus
22nd July 2012, 04:02 PM
All clean and shiny, used the new Maguiers Ultimate Liquid Wax, WOW this stuff is great.

daggy
22nd July 2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome. Moving from anything to a Patrol takes some time, but who cares how long it takes to get there, at least you get there. And in some comfort.

WogsRus
22nd July 2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah, the biggest thing can't get use to is the SIZE, the dam is HUGE to try and park anywhere. LOL