PDA

View Full Version : android maps

ozzyboy
21st July 2012, 12:54 PM
I've got myself a samsung 8.9 4g tablet on android through telstra.
Searching through the apps, i cannot find any 4wd map apps to download. Even a search of vms comes up with no results.

Anyone using android know of, or reccomend any good maps?
Cheers

Ozz

oncedisturbed
21st July 2012, 12:58 PM
Androzic with hema maps, only way to go on android.

Ozi has a beta app for android as well now u can use

Clunk
21st July 2012, 01:01 PM
Androzic downloaded from play or Oziexplorer for android from their website. I've got both but haven't had chance to use them or even learnt how to fo that matter. Hahaha

megatexture
21st July 2012, 06:48 PM
ive not tried it yet but "memorymap for android app" is a mapping app also could try that http://memory-map.com.au/mapping-software/android-app-for-topo-maps-hema-maps-and-marine-charts.html

the evil twin
21st July 2012, 09:21 PM
I'm using OziExplorer on a ZT102 10inch Tablet... Ozi is still Beta but works straight away and all my maps are already ozi formatted anyway.
Step 1 Download
Step 2 Use it
Step 3 If you like it pay the 20 bucks for the Key

choochie
22nd July 2012, 12:59 AM
Ooo. Planning on grabbing a nexus7 next week.... so in that case I might use it for off road nav too!

oncedisturbed
22nd July 2012, 01:16 AM
I bought the Missus and Munchkin a generic 2.3 O/S android 10" tablet, not the fastest but it came with an external GPS antenna the same as you would use with an in dash unit.

This option makes it handy as it gives a good signal, just need to load Androzic on it to try out now

Bulbous
22nd July 2012, 04:33 PM
You could also take a look at OruxMaps, it's supposed to be compatible with OziExplorer, but it's not in Beta.

Allows you to download and cache, Maps so that you can use them without an active connection.