PDA

View Full Version : Python Alarm System

jackwalks
21st July 2012, 12:53 AM
G'day all,

Um, Several weeks ago I went camping with my son and some fellas from work. A good day was had by all, cars got muddy and some beverages were had after a long days drive........At about 2-3am in the early morning my alarm system started going nuts.. The lights were flashing, siren was waking all the slightly intoxicated people up, and my remote was and as not working to switch it off...... After about 30 mins of blaring siren giving us all a headache, it was decided to cut the cable to the siren blaring in an effort to stop the noise...............denied................. apparently cutting the cable does not stop the sound.............SO it was then tossed into the lake the muffle the volume, in which it took about 5 mins under water to finally stop.

So after all this, my question is.............

Is there a water proof/ resistent type alarm box out there that I can install/wire into my existing system??

If not, should I uninstall/ remove the complete package from my Patrol?? It is a newer system, and installed just prior to my purchase of the vehicle.

Thoughts/ opinions please

Thankyou in advance ( slightly drunk k)atm, cant thin

04OFF
21st July 2012, 08:55 PM
Firstly...Bwahahaha ! :smileyvault-cute-bi

Now , if i understand correct, sounds like you had a siren with battery back up, so cutting the wires will not stop the noise because the siren has its own built in battery.

You can buy another battery for your remote (or another remote if needed) you can also get another siren and fit it, you also need to work out why the alarm was triggered in the first place, if you have your alarm owners manual, it should inform you of how you can geat a indication of what the trigger was, usually by the flashing of of the LED, or chirps (you wont have chirps without a siren unless you have a voice module system fitted)

My advice would be to take it to a auto car alarm dealer, they should be able to diagnose the problem and the fixes without much hassle and give you a quote, unless you are familiar with alarms you may find yourself chasing your tail and getting even more frustrated.