PDA

View Full Version : Front tow bar mount GU 3.0 l 205 model

teago
20th July 2012, 05:12 PM
Hello members I want to fit a front tow bar . I am worried about the air bag sesors etc . Has anyone done this ?
Cheers teago:blowup:

scotty83
20th July 2012, 05:18 PM
The Powerful 4x4 Premium Bullbar does it so it is possible. Do you have en existing Bullbar you are trying to add it too?

teago
20th July 2012, 05:22 PM
Yes Scotty std Nissan product , I reckon I can bolt it where you would normally mount a winch , But I am worried about the push on the bull bar rather than when winching the pull Teago

threedogs
20th July 2012, 05:48 PM
you'll have 2 holes under the chassis with captive nuts. You should be able to utilise these for a mounting point. theres one at our local supermarket with front towbar
so I'll check it out and see how it's done.

teago
21st July 2012, 05:35 PM
Tks again threedogs I shall await your inspection at the supermarket . I hope it is driven by a blonde about 5'3" Cheers Teago

teago
21st August 2012, 09:43 AM
Hi threedogs , Have you been able to check out the unit at the supermarket as yet Cheers Teago PS was she blonde?

threedogs
21st August 2012, 10:33 AM
I've seen it but didn't get a chance to Stop him.
Not sure of year but it has twin bonnet scoops, and 4x4 club sticker on windscreen'
He maybe a forum Member. Iff anyone in Melb wants one I could make one up,
get it rated to tow, but dont think thats needed. Got all the gear here.
Just need a 4x4, My mate has Nissan bar on 06 might give him a ring to come around.
Teago what year?? 05 got it

macca
21st August 2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5714-My-winch-has-sclerosis-of-the-windings

You might find this some help

threedogs
21st August 2012, 10:44 AM
Good one Macca ,so you just carry this around in the back?
That'd be 40- 50 kg worth of lifting there I think. might be the go for Teago
But after 16 back Op I'll pass, but good idea

teago
31st August 2012, 06:34 PM
Tks Threedogs and Macca, I will check with my insurer to see if the mod would give me headaches. Then if all OK I will do it myself I have the channel made with bolt holes etc , but Macca as I say it is the push that I am worried about not the pull sending off the sensors

macca
31st August 2012, 09:41 PM
but Macca as I say it is the push that I am worried about not the pull sending off the sensors

No idea there, it would have to be a impact with some velocity to trip a sensor. Pushing a trailer would be fine unless you run into something.

Good one Macca ,so you just carry this around in the back?
That'd be 40- 50 kg worth of lifting there I think. might be the go for Teago
But after 16 back Op I'll pass, but good idea

Yes it is heavy even with synthetic rope, and normally get it out on rough ground which would be worse if the back gives you grief.