PDA

View Full Version : Provent 200 Catch Cans in Perth

White Elephant
20th July 2012, 04:02 PM
G'day all, not sure if this is the right place to post or not, (if it isn't, Mods please move)

Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know that if you are looking at doing the NADS or simply fitting a catch can to your Trol in Perth, you can buy the Provent ones off the shelf if you don't want to wait for postage or whatever.

I got mine from Filter Discounters in Wangara (08 9303 4982) for $154+ so around $170. They were the cheapest of the people I called. My job is as a Procurement Manager, so I never pay list price for anything! :)

The other places I found that hold them in stock are-

Eurodiesel in Maddington-$175.20

Filter Supplies WA in Welshpool-$240.

Thought this might be of use to some of youse!

Cheers!

White Elephant
21st July 2012, 08:09 PM
So, I dummy installed the catch can today and made up the hoses I need to fit it, except for the oil return line. I'm debating which is the best way to return this to the sump. The options I am thinking of are teeing into either the turbo oil drain pipe with a check valve in the return line from the catch can, or maybe teeing into the return line from the vacuum pump(not sure if this is the way to go) Has anyone done either of these before? The only other option would be to drill into the sump, but I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it. Your thoughts? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks folks!

PS I's a 95 GQ 2.8 Turbo.