PDA

View Full Version : GQ 2.8td dyno results?

tracemul7
17th July 2012, 10:45 PM
Had our patrol at the garage for a few bits last week, and decided to pop her on the dyno and get a tune while she was there.

We have a 1997 GQ ST 2.8td with 408,000km.
She reached a max of 72.8kw after the tune (which added about 9kw compared to before).

Just wondering if anyone else has had theirs on a dyno, and how it compares?

Benno7
17th July 2012, 10:52 PM
What were your torque readings ?

tracemul7
17th July 2012, 11:27 PM
Erm - I dunno .... Not really sure what it all means lol.
I'll post the chart 2moro from my pc, as cant seem to do it from my phone or iPad. maybe someone can explain it better :)
Has 2 sets of before & after lines (km/h vs kw and km/h vs psi_g).

Anyone got one I can compare to?

tracemul7
18th July 2012, 02:43 PM
Attached is the dyno chart we were given - would be very interested to see anyone elses, or for any feedback about what it all means :)

97_gq_lwb
18th July 2012, 04:04 PM
The difference is so little and dynos vary so much as do weather conditions on the day it isn't worth comparing to other dyno results .
As long as you feel the difference and are happy with it that's all that matters lol.

White Elephant
18th July 2012, 05:38 PM
Nice to have a comparison regardless though. I've thought about putting my old girl on the dyno for a tune over here, but I'm worried she'd fly apart!

HammerBuilder
18th July 2012, 07:57 PM
Nice to have a comparison regardless though. I've thought about putting my old girl on the dyno for a tune over here, but I'm worried she'd fly apart!

I'm with you white elephant I thought mine would too (fly apart that is) but I supose 97 says it all as even differnt tyre sizes can change results by heaps but I still might go n get a price on getting it done... If I get mine done I will post it up..
Cheers Tony

tracemul7
19th July 2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys :)
It cost us about $200 including the tune, and was already in for other work.
Yes we're def seeing the difference! She's got a bit more 'go' :)

We were worried she would fall apart lol - while she's a 1997, she does have 408,000km! But she was given a clean bill of health, and a diesel leak fixed too!

Now to start planning suspension & tyres for her! We did the SA/VIC border track a few weeks ago and she was very bouncy! Apparently she looked like a frog from behind!

MQ MAD
19th July 2012, 10:34 AM
Had our patrol at the garage for a few bits last week, and decided to pop her on the dyno and get a tune while she was there.

We have a 1997 GQ ST 2.8td with 408,000km.
She reached a max of 72.8kw after the tune (which added about 9kw compared to before).

Just wondering if anyone else has had theirs on a dyno, and how it compares?

You have two results a lower set of lines and an upper set of lines
Im thinking the lower set is before and the upper set is after ???,that be right ???
The KW figures are on the left of the page and the speed is at the bottom, match the speed and run up the graph at itll tell you the KW figures at the speed
The right side of the page has PSI , am i reading that right ,thats PSI of the turbo ???
The 2 lines one should be KW and the other should be torque
The 2 sets of lines seem to cross and touch around just under the 75Ks, so theres minimal difference at that speed
Thats my take anyway

nissannewby
19th July 2012, 11:42 AM
The lower running lines are the before and after boost lines. The higher running lines are the before and after power figures. So hence it feels better to drive more boost more power :)