PDA

View Full Version : people with rb25det in patrol

HammerBuilder
16th July 2012, 10:37 PM
Hey all I have read about people putting RB25DET engines into patrols to replace RD28T
MY 2.8 is getting on so need some info as 4.2s have gone through the roof even with more k's than mine so RB maybe the cheaper alt.

My question is how are they holding out ?
I mean those that have done it there hasn't been much chit chat since r they good or bad
hows the fuel usage?
Are they reliable ? Or High maintenance ?

I've been told to get the half cut of an R33 & swap out the rear housing & output shafts
of the gearbox but to use the heavier RD28T Flywheel as its heavier & better for low down torque.

Whats been done to yours thats made it last longer n better?
I would like to know & others too as to HOW TO MAKE THEM RELIABLE & ECONOMICAL ????

CHEERS TONY

HammerBuilder
18th July 2012, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing by the replys they are a piece of crap so I won't bother going that way either
Thanks

dan dog
27th July 2012, 08:03 PM
have a look at skytrols thread in members rides. his done one. as for being reliable. leave it stock

taslucas
27th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Heres something worth reading maybe? http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?9773-Build-of-Australia-s-FASTEST-PATROL-...Potentially-Using-RB26DETT-Goodness-%29

big bell
29th July 2012, 12:45 PM
honestly not worth it thats my personal opinion stick with what you have and mod it be better off in long run

fat pete
6th August 2012, 10:51 AM
ive just had my carby rb30 converted to injection and as far as im concerned its been well worth it,across the board everything is better about it,we just got back from towing the campertrailer from gawler south ozz to darwin across to broome down to perth and back across to gawler,sat on 100k gettn roughly 20litres to 100k,1100kilo trailer,only trouble i had was breaking down at fitzroy xing as the leccy dizzy shit itself,an easyfix and thats what i get for using second hand parts for the conversion,bought a complete vl commodore for 600 got everything i needed then wrecked the rest and got my 600 back,when it had the carby on it she was fairly gutless towing the trailer..

taslucas
6th August 2012, 11:14 AM
ive just had my carby rb30 converted to injection and as far as im concerned its been well worth it,across the board everything is better about it,we just got back from towing the campertrailer from gawler south ozz to darwin across to broome down to perth and back across to gawler,sat on 100k gettn roughly 20litres to 100k,1100kilo trailer,only trouble i had was breaking down at fitzroy xing as the leccy dizzy shit itself,an easyfix and thats what i get for using second hand parts for the conversion,bought a complete vl commodore for 600 got everything i needed then wrecked the rest and got my 600 back,when it had the carby on it she was fairly gutless towing the trailer..

That's great mate. Awesome fuel economy.

Tap, crackle, pop