PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on 3" Exhaust system for 2000 GU 3L Patrol Wagon in Victoria

craigr
16th July 2012, 08:40 PM
Hey all,

Just after some recommendations/advice on a 3" exhaust system for the Patrol.

Only looked at a system from 4wd Systems so far. About $900 plus $50 delivery but don't know if anyone has used them before and can comment on them. Happy to go with other suggestions, preferably local supplier in Victoria but not essential.

Anyone comment on whether the 3" is much noisier than stock?

Further to the fitment of the exhaust I plan on installing the Autron EGT/Boost guage. Once again, any comments on these or any other suggestions? Idea is to install the pillar pod and install an Autron dual battery gauge as well with the current draw reading.

Cheers,
Craig.

MEGOMONSTER
16th July 2012, 08:49 PM
I regards to exhaust , I got taipan 3" exhaust, only because of the noise it doesn't produce, realistically only a few decibels louder than standard. I really didn't want an exhaust that makes it sound like a prime mover.

As for the autron gauges ( which I would like as well) from what read on this forum is they find then overly bright

HammerBuilder
16th July 2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah I got mine from scotts rods, good easy straight bolt in turbo back system & quiet as no droning..
As for guages I got the racetech Matching Boost & Exhaust Temp Guages work excelent & are programable with either loud noise & flashing guage or just flashing guage.
Cheers

threedogs
16th July 2012, 10:24 PM
My 3" was from local exhaust shop, nice and quiet $700, then went back and had dump pipe and Cat done for $400. didn't notice any difference with sports Cat

adventurepaul
17th July 2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah I got mine from scotts rods, good easy straight bolt in turbo back system & quiet as no droning..
As for guages I got the racetech Matching Boost & Exhaust Temp Guages work excelent & are programable with either loud noise & flashing guage or just flashing guage.
Cheers

What he said.
Just put my Scotts Rods one in and super happy.
Have the Racetech gauges off ebay $160 ish delivered. Have checked calibration and both are spot on.

Lieney
18th July 2012, 09:13 PM
Ring Chris at www.Bestmufflers
He is based in Sydney and does on-line deals.
I got mine for 3.0L patrol and it arrived a day and a half after I ordered it.
Dump pipe straigt to 3" pipe, mandrel bent, hi-flow muffler and all gaskets supplied, delivered to my work for under $600.
I had to drill a hole in one mount as it was 10mm out, and space the outlet away from the tow bar with a couple washers.
Quiet enough and good on hi-way and the turbo whistles a little

craigr
21st July 2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Spoke to the guys at MTQ Diesel in Dandenong South and they sell a 2.5" system. They reckon the outlet on the turbo is only 2.5" so a 3" exhaust is a waste. So many different opinions on this topic. I'm considering hedging my bets with a 2&3/4" system from Beaudesert Exhausts.

Any comments on the Beaudesert system?

craigr
3rd September 2012, 01:16 PM
Ended up going for a 3" Scott's Rods system. Haven't installed yet but my experience so far has been great. The guys were very helpful, price was good (delivered to Melb for under $1k), arrive in good time and in good condition.

Task for the weekend is to try and install it in my driveway. From what I've read the heat shield removal will take longer than anything else.

Will post back once installed.

threedogs
3rd September 2012, 04:00 PM
Good luck with the weather, What area are you in? if you need a hand yell out.

mudski
4th September 2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah easy to install. I got a Redback 3inch system with a hi-flow metallic cat for $900 from my local zorst shop. You just need to hold your tongue the right way when removing the heat shield. After you know which way to twist and pull it takes about five minutes to remove it. No need to remove water hoses etc etc

Steve4wdin
4th September 2012, 09:47 PM
I had 3' 304 grade s/s mandral bent $1500 fitted, 10 year warranty. Brand is hurracane. and quiet