PDA

View Full Version : Extra Sub Fuel tank for my 4.8L

danielrusty
16th July 2012, 07:45 AM
Any ideas on adding a small 30L sub tank ontop of my 90L tank. Would be nice to have the extra fuel, extra Kms without having to worry about making the next servo you know what i mean!! Are there some aftermarket designed tanks that can be made to fit my patrol?

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2012, 10:47 AM
LRA or Brown Davis make an after market bolt in 147lt tank for the rear of your patrol and also a 90lt sub tank for the belly of your patrol giving you a 237lts under the car.

Sorry on the phone so can't post the links but google is your friend

threedogs
16th July 2012, 10:55 AM
Not quite sure on the 90 ltr job, but I just replaced my Sub tank for a Brown Davis 75 lt AUX tank giving me a total of 165 ltrs, would travel most tracks in Aus with that range. Have you had a tank removed to fit the gas tank, if so a main replacement might be your only option

nissannewby
16th July 2012, 03:22 PM
Im not sure where exhaust and everything runs under a 4.8 but you should be able to get a factory 45L sub tank under there. I thought the biggest you could fit under a wagon was 75 as well for the sub but as stated above its prob gonna be better value and worth your while to get a long range main or contact the companies posted above :)

MYR1G
16th July 2012, 09:01 PM
Iam interested to see how this thread goes because i have a 111 gu patrol with a lpg tank and lra main petrol tank and it isnt enough for the thirsty bugger lol!!

danielrusty
17th August 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks a million folks. Thats more than enough contacts there for me to look into. I do agree with you MYR1G The more litres held the better cos my tractor is gulping near the 25/100 on the open HWY. Youch.....
I presently have the stock 90 ltr tank which gets me a mere 400 kms.
Thanks again...

oncedisturbed
17th August 2012, 07:09 PM
I have a 145L on my 4.8 as well, gonna watch this thread to see how you go on the sub tank as tossing up getting 1 as well