PDA

View Full Version : Going offroad for the 1st time in 2 years

Woof
15th July 2012, 08:11 PM
Yes that is correct going for a play next weekend, it has been so long that I really need some tips from you experts.
Things like how the hell do I engage 4WD and other stuff required.

NissanGQ4.2
15th July 2012, 08:12 PM
My only advice is 2 ditch the GQ and buy a Nissan Pulsar N16

Make sure you take plenty of Pics of your outing!

Woof
15th July 2012, 08:21 PM
Got the cameras ready Todd, are those Pulsar N16 that good mate????????????

AB
15th July 2012, 08:26 PM
Just enjoy it mate and take loads of pics and vids old doggy!!!

NissanGQ4.2
15th July 2012, 08:33 PM

yeh mate, 2 inch lift, front n rear lockers nothing will stop one *LMAO*

Clunk
15th July 2012, 08:35 PM

They're less likely to pay un manned visits to your neighbours

Ade
15th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Going off road..?? You will need some big open lug rubber out there bos. What about winch? Snorkel..? Hehehehe..Take it easy tho

Have fun and be safe mate..

Finly Owner
15th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Hey don't worry Wayne, as FINLY hasn't done any serious 4WDing since I owned him.

Tim

Silver
15th July 2012, 10:08 PM
Stay away from mud - too expensive.

Stay away from beaches - too corrosive.

Stay away from rocky tracks - too hard on undercarriage, which is the first place the mags tell second hand buyers to look. Too hard on resale value.

In other words, keep doin' watcha' been doin' :-)

MC97GQ
16th July 2012, 02:47 PM
Hey Doggy,

Seeing as your not sure about the selecting 4x4 bit, just remember when you engage 4x4 unless you have auto hubs, you or a passenger will have to leave the comfort and safety of the cabin area to engage those hub thingy's on the front wheels.

Seriously though have fun out there and keep the shiny side up.

Mark

Stropp
16th July 2012, 10:30 PM
Maybe I could send my young bloke with you to show you how to use the 4b as a submarine!

Clunk
16th July 2012, 10:32 PM
Maybe I could send my young bloke with you to show you how to use the 4b as a submarine!

Bwahahahahaha......... You're never gonna let that one lay are ya mate!!!!!???? Pure gold

growler2058
16th July 2012, 10:42 PM
Hey Doggy harden the frok up and just go for it in a doggy kinda way ;-)

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Clunk
16th July 2012, 10:46 PM
Without the sniffing of each others butts though

growler2058
16th July 2012, 10:48 PM
If ya need a sniff then have a sniff mate can't hurt ;-)

Clunk
16th July 2012, 10:51 PM
If ya need a sniff then have a sniff mate can't hurt ;-)

As long as it doesn't lead to any licking :rolleyes:

wildgu6
16th July 2012, 11:06 PM
Stay away from that black stuff mate, it'll rip ya tyres to shreds, have a ripper time and stay safe big fella
Woof woof

Yappa Tappa Doo

GQ TANK
16th July 2012, 11:33 PM
Make sure you go with a couple of other truck -

get involved with a 4wd club

Clunk
17th July 2012, 12:08 AM
Oh and don't forget to take plenty of toilet paper and a shovel

Stropp
17th July 2012, 12:19 AM
Bwahahahahaha......... You're never gonna let that one lay are ya mate!!!!!???? Pure gold

You are correct on that one clunk!

Woof
17th July 2012, 12:41 AM
Make sure you go with a couple of other truck -

get involved with a 4wd club

Going with a club mate, 10 of us are going on Friday and another possible 10 joining us on Saturday.....................I will be Tailend Charlie hopefully, that way the rest of them will chop the tracks up and I get to have more fun..

wildgu6
17th July 2012, 06:23 PM
Oh and be sure to take a good snatch strap so the GU in front of ya can pull you out Hahahahahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
17th July 2012, 06:28 PM
Oh and be sure to take a good snatch strap so the GU in front of ya can pull you out Hahahahahahaha

Keep dreaming Pete, us GQ drivers don't carry recovery gear as there is no need for it unless we want 2 help GU drivers that a stranded

bazzad
17th July 2012, 06:44 PM
This just cracks me up. Its stuff like this that tells me I joined the right forum. Dogman its like riding a bike. Only better

DX grunt
17th July 2012, 08:14 PM
Going with a club mate, 10 of us are going on Friday and another possible 10 joining us on Saturday.....................I will be Tailend Charlie hopefully, that way the rest of them will chop the tracks up and I get to have more fun..

Ah, excuse me.

Don't get too excited people.

It's a camping trip in a National Park. lol Wish I could be there. hahahaha

wildgu6
17th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Keep dreaming Pete, us GQ drivers don't carry recovery gear as there is no need for it unless we want 2 help GU drivers that a stranded

Impressive come back there Toddsta, if only it was true hahahahahah

Woof
19th July 2012, 11:13 PM
OK, took today off work as well to get myself ready.................as of now I am officially off duty until next Monday, thanks heaps AB for giving me this time off as moderator so I can go for a play mate, and WITH PAY as well....hahahahaha

Clunk
20th July 2012, 01:10 AM
OK, took today off work as well to get myself ready.................as of now I am officially off duty until next Monday, thanks heaps AB for giving me this time off as moderator so I can go for a play mate, and WITH PAY as well....hahahahaha

Well unless you get no phone reception where you're going, im sure you could still do some moderating ya bloody slacker hahahahaha

Woof
20th July 2012, 01:38 PM
Well unless you get no phone reception where you're going, im sure you could still do some moderating ya bloody slacker hahahahaha

I will see what I can do Clunky...hahahaha
Now play nicely everyone while I am away...lol

the ferret
20th July 2012, 10:07 PM
Hey Doggy, good to catch up with you today mate, make sure you have a ripper weekend, with lots of pics of the new 35's pulling Toy............ sorry, can't say the T word.
Have a safe one.
Cheers, the ferret.

Woof
22nd July 2012, 06:50 PM
Well I am back, don't think I broke anything serious just slight grinding noise coming from underneath somewhere...lol
Great to finally catch up with you Rod and of course Molly.................thanks heaps for The Ferret Deflater mate, should have got one years ago..

the ferret
22nd July 2012, 06:59 PM
Onya Doggy, hope ya had a good weekend mate.
Have a look under, you may have picked up a bit of fencing wire or Mud on the brakes.
By the way, I think the 4.2 might have a slight miss, sounds like a valve mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

Ade
22nd July 2012, 08:23 PM
See...we've told you! It's your money pit..4wd is expensive hehehe.

Maybe your hand brake drum were dented, that's where the grinding noise came from..???

wildgu6
28th July 2012, 11:50 AM
Glad your back safely pup,
Hope you had a great time mate.
I dont know how anyone can go without Rods deflators.
Best & quickest little gadget around.
NOW where's the pics lol, lookin forward to seeing em.

Oh that grinding noise mate, check that no yotas are still stuck under body hahahahaha

Clunk
28th July 2012, 01:01 PM
:useless:..........

growler2058
28th July 2012, 02:13 PM
:useless:..........

X2..........!!!!!!!!!