PDA

View Full Version : UHF Issues

skinna13
15th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Hi guys, i have just installed a GME 3540 UHF with GME6hz arial.
For some reason i cant transmit/recieve any further then roughly 500m as the crow flys.
I have wired it straight to the battery and earth to the chasy. I have also tried another arial but still the same problem.
I have no troubles with it turning on or off either..
I have tried Narrow and Wide bands and also squelch levels with no change...

Any ideas?
Cheers

ghostrider_oz
15th July 2012, 07:51 PM
Couple of quick ideas:

Without being a d!ck.................. is the antenna plugged and screwed into the radio properly - is it a single length of antenna cable or is it joined somewhere (this will result in instant reduction of service) is the antenna base soldered properly?

Did you program it yourself or was it pre-programmed? if you programmed it yourself did you set the power level as high or low?

If you didn't program it yourself I would consider talking to whoever you brought it off and see if they did anything,

It could be a heap of problems start with the obvious the antenna then work back to the radio and settings

NissanGQ4.2
15th July 2012, 07:54 PM
When you get a chance, please drop past the intro thread and tell us a little about yourself and ur rig, A link to the intro thread can be found in my signature.

Cheers

Todd

skinna13
15th July 2012, 08:04 PM
yeah i have taken the antenna connection in and out a few times with no change.. it is a single length lead straight from antenna. i have also tried to connect the end of the antenna again with no change.
I have also tried another antenna from another vehicle which works in the other vehicle but not mine. Only the same thing, works close range but no distance.
May have to look into the power levels...

Finly Owner
15th July 2012, 10:05 PM
What size aerial and where is it placed? Are you on a plain, in a gully on a hill? Amd what did you earth to chasis?

Tim