PDA

View Full Version : Gq to gu swap out

Morton
15th July 2012, 06:31 PM
Hi all, I have a modified GQ 4.2 petrol with 35's, 5in lift, heavy duty suspension & fully engineered (toy) & a GU 3l desiel with 2" & 33's (Touring) & a heap of extras, I want to know if I can swap out my lokrite from the front diff & reduction gears from my GQ to GU, I am seriously thinking of doing a full suspension swap over to the GU as I have to sell one or the other, I would prefer to keep the GU & make a capable tourer/toy out of it as my wife wants a Hyundia Santa Fe for a family car,

Can I swap out the tranfer cases? the lokrite I am here or there on, not fussed really

Morton
17th July 2012, 10:38 PM
BUMP need help if possible

Clunk
17th July 2012, 10:41 PM
Keep what ya got and ditch the idea of the Santa Fe mate........

healy
17th July 2012, 10:45 PM
hyundai's are no good

growler2058
17th July 2012, 10:47 PM
Dunno about the reduction gears but the locker should be able to ( won't bet me last $ onit tho)

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Morton
18th July 2012, 07:08 AM
Keep what ya got and ditch the idea of the Santa Fe mate........

yes my idea aswell but it's what the Boss wants, she has let me have an endless array of toys over the years, cars, bikes & 4wd's, I have to give in to pressure, I joking said "you dont need a car, you should be in the kitchen anyway" when I got out of hospital I agreed she could have it

Morton
18th July 2012, 07:09 AM
thanks guys, it was a bit of a toughy I know, I will chase around

nissannewby
18th July 2012, 09:28 AM
Lockrite will go in no worries. The reduction gears should do also. If the ratios are the same between the 2 vehicles then i would just swap the whole diff centre out. Also same with the transfer just swap it over should all bolt together.

Morton
18th July 2012, 11:04 PM
I would have to look into it, I am not familier with diff ratios on them but will investigate it all further, thanks all again