PDA

View Full Version : Hello

muzzfrog
14th July 2012, 09:57 PM
Evening all.
Am in the midst of upgrading from the pathfinder to the greatest rig in aus, to haul the 3 rugrats and wife around in comfortably. Been pinching info on this site to help decide as i have a budget to stick to.
So thought I had better say hello and thanks for your help.

I have found a 2001 3.0l TD that i am very fond of (never owned a diesel before, apart from work vehicles but i never went under the bonnet apart from fluid checks before trips). Or a 2002 4.8l petrol.
Question is how difficult is it to remove intake manifold from TD to clean it. I am very able to do it just trying to get a rough idea on a timeframe.. been hunting through the forums but unable to find anything, apart from it being a prick of a job but it should be done. So a nudge in the right direction would be fantastic. Thanks guys.

growler2058
14th July 2012, 10:56 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard sorry cant help ya I'm a td42 kinda guy :-) gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice that should be able to help ya out. Chuck ya Q up in the GU mech section and someone will help ya out. Lota members don't read the intros ay

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Bigrig
14th July 2012, 10:59 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

MEGOMONSTER
14th July 2012, 11:18 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

threedogs
14th July 2012, 11:19 PM
Welcome aboard, great bunch of people, plenty of info, enjoy

AB
15th July 2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, have you purchased the car yet?

Have a read of this below which does fall into your 2001 year. It's ok if you have already purchased it but consider the link below and some measures you need to take to prevent it...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?479-3.0lt-GU-Patrols-Grenade-Facts

Finly Owner
15th July 2012, 10:54 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House,muzzfrog

Tim

Ricardo00
17th July 2012, 10:23 AM
Hi mate, welcome.

gumnut
17th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Hi muzzfrog, welcome to the forum, its a pretty good place to visit if you need help
cheers bill

wildgu6
17th July 2012, 06:09 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of ideas, advice, adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Dhuck
17th July 2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.