PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Introduction

BlueDog
14th October 2010, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone!

Just a little bit about the reason why I am here.

I have recently picked up an MQ shorty (1 year ago) and am slowly replacing/modifying parts. The reason why I decided to buy this old 4x4 is that it has a td42 black top conversion with only 80,000k, 4' lift, dual battery, drawers and only minor rust spots. It was going cheap and thought it would be a good practice and opportunity to get into the 4x4 scene and learn a bit about diesel engines and servicing etc..

I have a lot of questions and ideas to share so I hope I'm in the right place!

Cheers

(ps: Having a little trouble uploading my profile pic from my pc. Any help would be appreciated.)

DX grunt
14th October 2010, 08:57 PM
G'day Bluedog

Welcome to the forum.

Where do you live?

Take care out there.

DX grunt

AB
14th October 2010, 09:06 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

To put a profile picture on here do the following...

Click on settings at the top right of this screen....Then click on "edit avatar" which is on the left hand side down a bit.

Click on "use custom avatar" and upload the picture from your computer.

If you right click with your mouse over the "settings" link at the top of this page on the right and select "open in new window" you can do this whilst keeping this window open here so you can keep reading this instruction.

If your still lost mate, just let me know and I can help. If your really lost then just email me your picture at info@nissanpatrol.com.au and I'll do it for you.

BlueDog
14th October 2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and a speedy one at that!!

Will update profile with more info.

Cheers.

patch697
14th October 2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, there are a few early model owners who will be glad to have another on board.

We are a real friendly bunch on here & always happy to help so feel free to join in.

Finly Owner
14th October 2010, 09:58 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House BlueDog. Nice to have another old patrol on board. Good conversion btw, I take it has 5spd box? Where's the rust? roof line? sills? bonnet? tailgate? all these are usual. Have you put a post in Members Ride yet? Sounds like nice ride. Give it some TLC and it will give you reliability.

Tim

Woof
14th October 2010, 10:08 PM
Welcome BlueDog, enjoy the form mate...........do you happen to own a Blue Heeler??

Maxhead
15th October 2010, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the forum BlueDog