PDA

View Full Version : tip for zd30 owners.

Ben-e-boy
14th July 2012, 09:40 AM
gday

Yesterday I got a second hand zd30 airbox for my ute. the patrol was dissmantled yesterday morning.
When I took the lid off have to look in side and the seal in the lid was bad deteriorated and had gone hard.
I had to pry it out with a screw driver in about a dozen pieces.

this airbox is off an 02 model, I might be wise to check the condition of yours if you own an 02, maybe even 03,04. last thing you want is a airbox seal that dosnt seal.

Cheers
Benny

Sir Roofy
14th July 2012, 10:23 AM
thanks for that mate it is the miner things
that get over looked

THE BEST PART IS GQ OWNERS STILL UP GRADE
TO GU PARTS LOL

Winnie
14th July 2012, 10:41 AM
Why would I put a perished air box seal on my man's car???

Tappa tappa

Ben-e-boy
14th July 2012, 10:58 AM
THE BEST PART IS GQ OWNERS STILL UP GRADE
TO GU PARTS LOL

yeah that maybe true mate, only because there are MORE GU's!!!!!!!!!!! at the wreckers, than there are gq's hahaha

Sir Roofy
14th July 2012, 11:27 AM
yeah that maybe true mate, only because there are MORE GU's!!!!!!!!!!! at the wreckers, than there are gq's hahaha

hahahahah thats because the LOL THE GU SPARE PARTS KEEP THEM GOING

Rumcajs
21st January 2014, 11:14 PM
There is an easy fix for this as Ni$$an wants you to buy new lid for $275 or so.
Just visit CBC Bearings establishment and get "O" part number BS445A.
Fits like a glove is made of rubber and it will probably last. Best part is a price around $10-15.

Cheers

Beni C
22nd January 2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah mines knackered on an 08!

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 01:15 PM
Sounds like a mod worth doing regardless, you would hate to have the seal fail out in the dusty simmo,
or Birdsville track, Going past CBC Friday morning,

megatexture
22nd January 2014, 02:10 PM
Mines an 09 and when nissan serviced the car the seal must have fallen out, they put it back in and it had about 5 twist in it.
About 2 weeks later I did a water crossing that went over the bonnet and the car started sputtering once I got to the other side I immediately killed it an there was water in the air box ... About 15- 20mm.
I was able to flush it out the glow plugs ..oil change ..filters and a lot of smoke it came good but It took a weekend to find out how it got in after removing the snorkel etc... Not happy.

Easy fix though, I got some rubber from Clark rubber and using sensor safe silicone glued it in.

megatexture
22nd January 2014, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a mod worth doing regardless, you would hate to have the seal fail out in the dusty simmo,
or Birdsville track, Going past CBC Friday morning,

The filter will still have pressure on it and function as normal but you will take in a lot more sh!t. I'd be concerned with water.

meh
23rd January 2014, 12:14 AM
Ordered my new O-Ring today from CBC. Apparently they aren't stocked in QLD and has to be ordered in

megatexture
23rd January 2014, 12:39 AM
What did it set you back?

meh
23rd January 2014, 03:23 PM
$14
Arrived today.

megatexture
23rd January 2014, 03:30 PM
cost 80c at clark rubber lol and i was able to get a slightly thicker one to get a tighter seal

threedogs
23rd January 2014, 05:03 PM
Yo Mega what size or part no at Clarkes ? slightly bigger and softer sounds nice lol

megatexture
23rd January 2014, 05:35 PM
Yo Mega what size or part no at Clarkes ? slightly bigger and softer sounds nice lol

Mate I just drove there and pulled it out in the car park and matched it up in store, they had a self adhesive one also but I wasn't sure how it would stick in under the hood temps so I silicone it in

meh
23rd January 2014, 11:09 PM
Nice mega. Will keep in mind for next time. I didn't actually have any seal left when I checked to compare it with
So the O ring was easier for me to just grab after a quick search on here :-)