PDA

View Full Version : Water Leaking in door seals GU

jay388
12th July 2012, 08:07 PM
Hey Guys,
Got an 08 GU wagon and after driving around with out door trims in I found that water leaks inside the doors after further investigations I find that the wiper seal on the outer belt moulds finishes about 2mm short of the end of the window on each end. This is the case for all 4 doors and I can't find anyone with this problem on the net but every other patrol I've looked at has this problem. I think maybe cause I only found out after pulling the plastic sheet off the inner door that not manny people would notice it.

Can anyone have a look next time they have their trims off (new speakers, rust proofing, e.t.c) and hose it down. I can't find a suitable solution I'm up for any good idea and no silastic is not solution so my nissan dealer tells me! the window needs to move:D.

04OFF
12th July 2012, 08:16 PM
A bit of water is supposed to get inside the doors, that is what the clear plastic behind the door trim is for, to stop it getting to the trim or coming inside the car, your doors have drain holes at the bottom to let this out, sounds perfectly normal from what you describe.

Put the plastic back on,seal any tears you made getting them off, make sure the black sealer has no gaps, then tests for leaks.....:smiley_thumbs_up: