PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help.

Cosmic_Hoard
12th July 2012, 11:26 AM
Hi, I own a 1984 Nissan patrol and I've blown my head gasket or blown out a plug. Instead of replacing the head or paying the $1000 dollars to have a mechanic do it, I got an engine from a friends old patrol. (Plus bits and pieces.) Lots of people have given me mixed opinions and I was told to change my engines I need to remove my head gasket anyway. *Is this true?* Is it really that difficult to swap engines?

buzzbro
12th July 2012, 11:55 AM
Not true, however to change engines is easy if it is from the same model and same engine, if it is a different engine and are new to engine swapping you are going to be in a world of hurt

MQ MAD
12th July 2012, 12:09 PM
Hi, I own a 1984 Nissan patrol and I've blown my head gasket or blown out a plug. Instead of replacing the head or paying the $1000 dollars to have a mechanic do it, I got an engine from a friends old patrol. (Plus bits and pieces.) Lots of people have given me mixed opinions and I was told to change my engines I need to remove my head gasket anyway. *Is this true?* Is it really that difficult to swap engines?

An engine from the same powered car,like a diesel to a diesel or a petrol to a petrol is fairly easy to do
You dont need to remove the head gasket at all,tho you will need to either disconnect the exhaust, thus leaving the carb/throttle body on or just remove all this at the head and replace the manifold gasket
Slip this question with some more info in the MQ/MK section