PDA

View Full Version : gu extended swaybar links

Gas_Guzzler4800
11th July 2012, 08:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a 5 or 6 inch lift and runs a rear swaybar. If so i just wanted to know the length of the links.

Stropp
11th July 2012, 09:30 PM
Mate you can buy 2/8" adjustable extended links from fleabag for the job, I just got some for mine, hope to get them on next weekend.

nissannewby
11th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Would they just be 6" longer than the stock ones?

Gas_Guzzler4800
12th July 2012, 07:12 AM
Thats what I would have thought. However I have purchased two sets for a 5-6" lift and both have been only 4" longer than stock.

Stropp
12th July 2012, 10:03 AM
Mine are adjustable 2 to 8" and they are not hugely longer than std

Gas_Guzzler4800
12th July 2012, 07:07 PM
thats what Im finding. Unfortunately I am really struggling to find a good length because I run 3" ultra flexy coils. Sits at 3" but runs shocks to suit a 6" lift. I just installed a set that are physically 4" longer than the stock links and drove through a rut twice. The new bushes are now completely toast.

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 07:19 PM
Sway bar disconnects?

Gas_Guzzler4800
12th July 2012, 07:42 PM
thought had crossed my mind, however the flexy coils are very unstable on side angles without the rear bar connected. It feels like the door mirror is going to touch the ground! Im not running extended bumptops so just wondering if this is causing my bushes to fail immediately. Also makes a horrible clicking noise, very loud

NissanGQ4.2
12th July 2012, 07:42 PM
x2 with nissannewby

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=gu+sway+bar&x=13&y=7

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 07:48 PM
Are the sway bars parallel with the ground with the extended links in? It might be worth making a set so the sway bars are parrallel this might help. You could try running a different type of bush maybe something similar to whats on the front shocks?

Gas_Guzzler4800
12th July 2012, 08:02 PM
Yep theyre almost parallel with the ground. Possibly slightly pointing upwards

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 08:11 PM
What about the different bushes? I know what you mean about side angles I have a 5" lifted GQ ute with 2" body lift with flexy coils and a super flex arm. I run no sway bars in mine but have been in mates wagons with similar setup and i dont like the way they feel.

Gas_Guzzler4800
12th July 2012, 08:14 PM
yeah the wagons really seem to lean over with flexy coils and no swaybars. I might try some different bushes. Going through a rut I can hear a metal clinking sound as the wheel tucks up and as it started heading back down. Sounds like the thread on the drivers side rear link is catching as it gets pushed in and out of the mounting hole on the chassis. extremely annoying., do you run any bumpstop extensions?

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 08:19 PM
Not yet but i need to. I can get my front end to the bump stops however so running sway bars just wouldnt work for me. The shock bushes might be able to handle it better as they are more so designed for a beating haha

Gas_Guzzler4800
16th July 2012, 07:28 AM
Well after alot of playing around and testing, I seem to have stopped the noise. I turned the bolts around the "wrong way" Basically the bolt has a smooth section of shank which the inner sleeve of the link pin joint is supposed to sit on and the threaded part of the bolt passes through the mounting hole on the chassis. The thread must have been catching on the mounting hole. I turned the bolt around so the smooth part of the shank is now sitting inside the hole in the chassis. No noise so far....