PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram for a mq

aussiemale
11th July 2012, 05:38 PM
G'day all,
Tried searching the forum posts in relation to a wiring diagram for a L28 MQ wagon.
On the MQ service manual the only wiring diagram is at the end and its for an earlier model. If anyone can help would be greatly appreciated.

NissanGQ4.2
11th July 2012, 07:04 PM
This site might have the info your after

http://nerok.info/general/service-manuals

Cheers

Todd

aussiemale
11th July 2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for that Todd however have already looked at that site, wiring diagram is for the earlier model which isn't relevant to me, do appreciate the suggestion.

Bryan

NissanGQ4.2
11th July 2012, 09:50 PM
so what's an earlier model L28 MQ Wagon?

Robo
12th July 2012, 02:23 AM
L28 is fairly basic, what's the problem?.

aussiemale
12th July 2012, 06:37 PM
so what's an earlier model L28 MQ Wagon?

Sorry, will expand, the wiring diagram that is with that link (and the one that on this forum) ISN'T for a MQ L28, it's for a model 61 (never heard of that before however have no qualms stating that I am still in the learning stage) and the year that is related to it is 1980. The L28 MQ I have is not that old, 1982/3 and have found that the wiring is totally different. I understand that people do things over time to wiring (my MK I can attest to) however the wiring in the MQ is basically virgin (one previous owner who only replaced the stereo).

aussiemale
12th July 2012, 06:44 PM
L28 is fairly basic, what's the problem?.

Umm, problem is I'm trying to find the wiring for a 1982 L28 MQ Wagon, I'm not an auto sparkie and am NOT going to guess when it comes to things that spark and things that need petrol to run LOL

Finly Owner
12th July 2012, 10:18 PM
Sorry, will expand, the wiring diagram that is with that link (and the one that on this forum) ISN'T for a MQ L28, it's for a model 61 (never heard of that before however have no qualms stating that I am still in the learning stage) and the year that is related to it is 1980. The L28 MQ I have is not that old, 1982/3 and have found that the wiring is totally different. I understand that people do things over time to wiring (my MK I can attest to) however the wiring in the MQ is basically virgin (one previous owner who only replaced the stereo).

You are looking at the wrong diagram Find the 160 L28 diagrams. That is the MQ!

Tim

aussiemale
13th July 2012, 06:20 AM
That's what I'm trying to explain Tim, I can't seem to find the 160 L28 diagram

GQ TANK
15th July 2012, 02:00 AM
Look at the 160 -mq 161-mk.

Thae wiring diagrms are very CR***Y

Neroks site should have the manuals.

What infor are you after?

aussiemale
15th July 2012, 07:33 AM
No particular thing MK, just like to have the info on hand. I MAY of disconnected some of the wiring from the MQ and forgot to take photos of where! The more I can do myself, the less I have to dip into the project funds to get someone else to do.

Finly Owner
15th July 2012, 11:05 PM
That's what I'm trying to explain Tim, I can't seem to find the 160 L28 diagramI will need load adobe on this laptop then look at the manual and see what it shows me. I have a copy of the L28 MQ wiring diagram JIC...

Tim

Robo
16th July 2012, 01:38 AM
Gen manual.
3 of them that I know of.
original covers model 160 & 61 series
and supplement also, I have 2 of these.
No IV and a diesel engine sup which I cant find to quote you a Number.
got sups from top book shop sydney over 10 yrs back.
these were gen publications.
cheers

aussiemale
16th July 2012, 07:07 PM
I will need load adobe on this laptop then look at the manual and see what it shows me. I have a copy of the L28 MQ wiring diagram JIC...
Tim

Thanks mate, not trying to be a pain, thinking I'm missing something obvious that needs a subtle nudge in the right direction