PDA

View Full Version : Heat shield for extractors

beerman
11th July 2012, 12:01 PM
I replaced the standard exhaust manifold on my TB42 Maverick with extractors. The old manifold had a heat shield over it protecting the LPG gas line from radiated heat. The new extractors have no way to attach that same heat shield. However there is a section of pipe (like a fishing rod holder) welded in between the last two extraction pipes. I was wondering if this is there for the purpose of mounting a heat shield. The old allow heat shield has a hole in it almost at the same location but it's a little too small (but that can be fixed). Can anyone help me?

Winnie
11th July 2012, 12:31 PM
That's not what it's for. I've been told what it's for before, but I forget. Pretty sure it's only used on carby models.

threedogs
11th July 2012, 12:38 PM
May be you fashion a heat shield using some stainless hose clamps and some sheet metal.or wrap the gas line in exhaust bandage

beerman
11th July 2012, 02:01 PM
I am thinking of modifing the old heat shield and attaching it the the underside of the air duct. Won't look pretty but should do the job (as long as it doesn't rattle, I've got enough of those).