PDA

View Full Version : New membership

Jack'M Shorty
11th July 2012, 12:49 AM
Just thought i would do the usual and introduce myself before getting stuck into the question time on this forum. I have just purchased an M series shorty for light trails and fishing in the Coral Bay area. It is stock standard at the moment but looking to do some work to it to make it one tough little truck. What are some of the most popular upgrades/breakages? I am not concerned about the ride height at this stage as it is more for the beach and easy trails. The car has done just over 220,000 and is a 1985. Any thoughts or suggestions is much appreciated.

growler2058
11th July 2012, 05:07 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendlyob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

MEGOMONSTER
11th July 2012, 06:29 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

threedogs
11th July 2012, 07:46 AM
Welcome mate very clean ride, ask away or join in. Great mob of people here.

wildgu6
11th July 2012, 08:05 AM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable
Top little bus ya got there, Nice

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Winnie
11th July 2012, 08:14 AM
Whoah that's a neat rig mate! Clean as, you've done well! Feel free to join in the conversations and start your own.
Good luck with it all.

AB
11th July 2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on the new beast!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
11th July 2012, 10:24 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move

Bigrig
11th July 2012, 09:03 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Finly Owner
11th July 2012, 09:04 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Jack. I like the way you MK has been mono tone painted except the canopy. Nice clear interior. Those mags make it look real nice.

As for your question, I would look at replacing your bullbar for another alloy bullbar with less of an angle underneath to prevent hang ups on sand dunes. Yours seems to stick out the front a bit and may caus you some problems getting up and down onto beaches. Apart from that, some proper recovery points added to your chasis in the front and a recovery point on the back. For when not if, you find the soft spot in the sand. Also your own good quality recovery kit. A UHF is also desirable for communicating with other vehicles around you when out & about.

Tim

Tim

Dhuck
12th July 2012, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

White Elephant
13th July 2012, 04:05 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum! Good to see another member in WA. Enjoy your stay!

xerat
18th July 2012, 09:56 AM
Hi mate welcome to the forums