PDA

View Full Version : clutch replacment

tappethead
10th July 2012, 11:04 PM
Hi team just a quick note has anyone had there clutch replaced lately drive in drive out deal? Need this done pretty soon and just wanting to know what sort of money this should cost. And this would be for a gu patrol with the tb45e thanks team for any advice or recommendations south Brisbane...

threedogs
10th July 2012, 11:36 PM
Cost heap for dual mass clutch cheaper for one piece, think one piece cause dramas, as why would nissan spend $$$$ developing a dual mass when they could have done the solid or one peice clutch cheaper, heard of prices around $3000 and upwards but dont quote me on that. Not sure if your model is dual mass

Murph68
11th July 2012, 07:37 AM
I was looking to buy a patrol who had done this recently. Was 3k incl flywheel. Didn't buy that mining shit hole of a car either!

threedogs
11th July 2012, 07:43 AM
Pretty sure,that was for the lot

nissannewby
11th July 2012, 11:01 AM
Hey mate get onto Extreme 4x4 on here he is a exedy dealer and also can fit them. He is reasonably priced. If anyone ever needs a single mass flywheel and clutch yell out as i can get an exedy with flywheel for around the $1000 mark ( for 3L). The clutches you can get (recommend exedy) will be priced prob around the 500-700 mark and then expect about that again for someone to fit.

tappethead
11th July 2012, 03:53 PM
yup thanks guys i spoke to xtreme 4x4 today and am awaiting for him to get back to me with some numbers... i also rang another place out this side of town and it sounded pretty reasonable also. who also said if it was the 4 cylinder diesel it would be quite a bit more not sure why dual mass perhaps???

nissannewby
11th July 2012, 10:26 PM
Slacks creek clutch and brake are pretty good too. Yeah its more expensive cos you normally have to replace the flywheel when the job is done to go to a single mass unit. The flywheel generally costs about the same as the clutch.