PDA

View Full Version : 2001 GU won't turn over but flattens battery.

FallonandPaul
10th July 2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just hoping someone can enlighten us, we have a 2001 GU Wagon, that recently done the fuel pump, we have replaced the pump, filters, injectors, Turbo is under 12 months old, now the mechanic says that the Troll won't turn over and flattens the battery. (This is a brand new battery) Am wondering, when the mechanic turned the immboliser off to work on it, that this may have done something to the computer? He is awaiting the Auto Elec to come look at it, but I am growing impatient. As we paid the mechanic 2 weeks ago (he told us we could pick the car up on The Friday so we paid him on the Thurs afternoon its now 2 weeks we've been without a car)

If anyone can give any advice or have been in a similar position would be great to hear from you.

Cheers.

threedogs
10th July 2012, 09:23 PM
cant you disconnect the immobiliser, and number 2 would be getting another mechanic 2 weeks, could have got a auto lec in van to come around two weeks ago.

FallonandPaul
10th July 2012, 09:38 PM
Wouldn't know how to disconnect the immboliser. Yeah I know.. its crap.. but when you've put all your money into one mechanic/car and have no transport can't really take it to another mechanic.
Plus we were advised to see this guy as he has done 11 2001 Gus in the last 18 months with fuel pumps. So stuck between a rock and a hard place.

threedogs
10th July 2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah I hear you, give Big Fletch a PM hes in Shep

FallonandPaul
10th July 2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks Mate!

Clunk
10th July 2012, 10:35 PM
I'd be hitting him up for a loan car if I were you...... That's shocking

buzzbro
11th July 2012, 07:50 PM
the question for me is is the battery flat ?? An immobiliser will not flatten the battery but it mayl stop the engine from cranking immobilisers work differently is it an aftermarket immobiliser? The factory Y61 (GU) one has a transponder chip in the key. the engine will still crank as it cuts fuel, convert it to lpg and the immobiliser doesn't work any more . check your key to see if it still has the chip in it( RED or blue cannot remember on that model) they used to fall out , I used to put a small dob of superglue on it when I did the pre deliveries

Yendor
11th July 2012, 09:40 PM
I would check that the battery terminals are clean and tight and the main earth to the engine is also clean and tight.

Check the connections at the starter motor, you could also try giving the starter motor a couple of taps with a hammer.

buzzbro
11th July 2012, 10:37 PM
has anyone checked the bat with a multimeter?