PDA

View Full Version : Help please !!!!

davet1973
9th July 2012, 06:32 PM
hi all i'm new on here and in need of some really good advice , well i bought a 2003 gu 3.0 td with 150000 on the clock 4 mths ago from cardiff toyota for 28000 , after 2 mths of trouble free driving it started to overheat , i took it to a local garage and they told me the engine had blown , cardiff toyota told me to leave the car at the garage as they would be doing the rebuild under warranty. 2 wks later i got the car back and as i was driving to work the next day the turbo blew up so back to the garage . they fitted a new turbo and 3 days later the new turbo blew up again. they fitted a new turbo again and also some sort of valve (not dawes but similar so he said ) and set the turbo to 12 psi , it drives fine but i am shitting bricks and not sure what to do as i love the car and cant sell as its under finance , any help/advice would be greatly appreciated Dave , Newcastle nsw

growler2058
9th July 2012, 06:51 PM
G'day Dave welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice. One of the zd owners will be able to steer you in the right direction

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v201bc
Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

threedogs
9th July 2012, 06:57 PM
Welcome mate, get yourself some gauges on a pillar pod so you know whats going on, maybe he blocked the EGR to run cooler, plenty of threads here on fitting DAWES and anything else you want to know

healy
9th July 2012, 07:16 PM
welcome to the forum

MEGOMONSTER
9th July 2012, 08:54 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

eliurquhart
10th July 2012, 02:15 PM
You've come to the right place to answer those questions, unfortunatly not from me. Good luck

Dhuck
12th July 2012, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
13th July 2012, 08:08 AM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay
if you search for N.A.D.S on here and read up on it
and see what the 3l owners have done you might want
to try it your self its easily done and you can enjoy your vehicle
again

wildgu6
17th July 2012, 06:00 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Dave
Great lot here with tons of ideas, advice, adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable
Sure hope you have had some luck sorting your problem, sorry i cant shed some light for ya.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete