PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Radio PIN

Cuppa
9th July 2012, 06:13 PM
I had reason to disconnect the battery in my Patrol today, which of course means that the Nissan radio now only shows 'CODE' when I switch it on. I have the PIN code handily written in the handbook by the previous owner (Telstra), together with instructions in the 'Audio Handbook' of how to input the code.

BUT

The PIN has a 0 (zero) in it. The handbook only tells me how to put in combinations of 1, 2, 3, & 4.
How do I include a zero in the 4 digit PIN? I'm sure it must be simple when yoiu know.

Thanks
Cuppa

GUtsy ute
9th July 2012, 06:20 PM
The pin numbers are the number of times you push the buttons 1,2,3,4.
EG, if the first pin no is 6, you push button no 1 six times.
pin no two is 3, push button no. 2 three times and so on.

Cuppa
9th July 2012, 06:39 PM
Ahhh the penny drops I think ........... so if say the number was 3076 I just wouldn't touch button number two? Correct?

Cuppa

NissanGQ4.2
9th July 2012, 07:00 PM
just try it mate, you get 51 attemps 2 get it right*L*

Old Wal
11th July 2012, 11:59 PM
Don't know if you have sorted your PIN code yet. GUtsy ute is right - the PIN number is the number of times that you push the buttons 1 , 2 , 3 & 4. To get a 0 you push the appropriate button 10 times - on the tenth push you get a 0. Eg if your PIN code is 5060 you push button 1 - 5 times , button 2 - 10 times , button 3 - 6 times & button 4 - 10 times.
If you get it right your radio will come on ( untuned of course).
Hope this helps.
PS sorry if this reply appears more than once - my 'net connection is a bit dodgy at the moment & I don't know if my reply as been posted.

Cuppa
14th July 2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks Old Wal, I've sorted it. I found that just not pushing the button which needed a zero worked ok. ie with your example of 5060 - push button one 5 times & button three 6 times & I get 5060.

Regards
Cuppa

Old Wal
15th July 2012, 11:23 PM
No worries , you have just taught me another thing that I didn't know.

kylerens
30th August 2017, 12:45 AM
Many different Nissan radio code (https://www.radiocodescalculator.com/nissan-radio-code-unlock-car-radio/) models and solutions are available online!