PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Front Dash

kraza
8th July 2012, 05:08 PM
Hi All,
Has anyone one ever had a problem with a rattle under the front left dash cover where the air bag is situated on an 03 GU, it rattles when the vechicle starts up and with slight pressure applied by a finger it stops. Can the problem be fixed at home or does it need to be pulled apart by a qualified Mechenic, because of the air bag.

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2012, 10:44 PM
My mate with an 05 GU had a very similar problem with a really annoying rattle nearly all the time, pulled almost everything out except the dash board but couldn't find it.
Took it to Nissan they said the dash would need to come out, then they saw the dash starting crack apart so they got it changed under warranty, they reckon they found no loose bits or screws anywhere but now has no rattles.
I know it doesn't help but that my story.

kraza
9th July 2012, 08:55 AM
Thank you for your imput I,m still hopping someone has done some sort or work, around the air bag area.
Kraza

threedogs
11th July 2012, 04:09 PM
Maybe and only maybe you could remove the glovebox, stick your hand up there to feel anything that maybe loose. It might just need a piece of foam in the right spot, clutching at straws here.

boots
11th July 2012, 09:22 PM
Hey kraza. type in the search tool '' annoying rattle '' . this post may shed some light on your situation . goodluck .

my third 256
12th July 2012, 09:47 AM
had put a new radio in and had the same problem was one of the wires not ziptie down that was vibrating on takeoff

kraza
13th July 2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks Guys
I will look into the search tools, and by the way I did fit a new 2way in, not long ago.Will post my findings

Thanks Kraza