PDA

View Full Version : Hey There

nismo404
7th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, new member here, just introducing myself. Names Brad and I've got a 88 4.2 diesel high roof Safari. Inherited off a mate before he went overseas, but not before he managed to drive it off a bank. Suprised by the little amount of damage that was done. Got her all fixed up to a bush bashing standard and now will slowly make improvements as money comes my way, I'm a student. Have been having a read through of the forum and am realising how little I know about the the truck, never owned a diesel or had anything to do with 4x4's. I look forward to learning more about the truck and hopefully involving myself in discussions as I'm also studying to be a mechanical engineer. Cheers guys.

Brendan56
7th July 2012, 04:01 PM
Welcome mate!
How many ks on the clock? and what other damage was done to the rig? You can't go wrong with a 4.2D mate, bulletproof, but sluggish, but they thrive offroad.
Whatever you need to know about your truck, somebody here will know it i guarantee haha.
Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions!
Cheers, Brendan.

growler2058
7th July 2012, 04:09 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2atrx5
Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

NissanGQ4.2
7th July 2012, 04:12 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Brad,

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

P.S: where about's are you located?

nismo404
7th July 2012, 04:36 PM
Cheers guys, the front windscreen was smashed and also the rear right sliding window from where the jack flew through it. The radiator support panel and inner wheel gaurd were badly bent and had to be replaced with the ones off my parts truck. Drives fine so I don't think the chassis was bent.

The speedo says 240,000 but I know she's done a bit more. The motor smokes but had new injectors put in so I'll look at the diesel pump eventually, probably when I go to turbo it.

And I'm In Auckland NZ.

threedogs
7th July 2012, 04:52 PM
Welcome Brad, you'll find all your answer here bro, awesome 4x4ing over nuzulend

wildgu6
7th July 2012, 05:34 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Brad
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable
Plenty of ideas and info, you will love the 4x4 world it is awesome out there, places you see and go that you wouldn't think possible.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Finly Owner
7th July 2012, 08:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Brad. Good looin repairs Mate.

Tim

MEGOMONSTER
7th July 2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

AB
8th July 2012, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

deekay
8th July 2012, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
8th July 2012, 08:14 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

nismo404
8th July 2012, 09:04 PM
Cheers guys, I've done a bit of trail riding so the terrain and landscape won't phase me. Just getting a 2.5 tonne truck up a hill that usually I'd be doing on a 100kg bike will be a bit different, but I look forward to it none the less.

timbar
9th July 2012, 06:04 AM
G'day - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have some fun ! plenty to do and see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

Stick Around this is an Awesome site ......... You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

White Elephant
9th July 2012, 02:17 PM
G'day and Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay!

2TROLLFAM
9th July 2012, 03:34 PM
WELCOME to the forum!! Hope you enjoy trolling through the threads – there’s heaps here to learn & enjoy. Besides that everyone here is friendly and always ready to offer advice etc. . . ☺

Dhuck
9th July 2012, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

mtnranges
9th July 2012, 06:06 PM
Welcome mate. This forum is full of great info!! Being a student studying mechanical engineering i'm sure you'll have no problems getting your beast sorted. :)

nismo404
9th July 2012, 07:53 PM
Cheers guys.

healy
9th July 2012, 08:42 PM
welcome to the forum

Marshallleo
10th July 2012, 04:58 PM
welcome to the forum you will surely find the info you need on here!