PDA

View Full Version : Nissan DO care about the lil guys

aussiemale
6th July 2012, 08:05 PM
G'day all,
Have had some serious issues with the local Nissan Dealer regarding my poor MK/MQ project..apparently there have been no Patrols/Safari's made prior to 1989.
$300 for a heater hose (was surprised that they could come up with a quote for a vehicle that "didn't exist"..50% deposit that would be taken prior to order place..if there was no stock they'd keep it for a "service charge") BUT..then was given a life line
Sent an email to Nissan, not expecting a reply but the NZ parts guru sent me an email, has hooked me up with another Parts manager that is into this kinda stuff, this is AFTER I told them I'm only a "when I can spare the money I'll spend it" consumer.
If you have an issue with parts/service/personnel flick an email off to Nissan, they WILL act on it. :049:

Bigrig
6th July 2012, 08:52 PM
Good info for people mate, and good to know.

the ferret
6th July 2012, 09:22 PM
$300 bucks for 2 ft of heater hose, they're hav'n a lend mate, there are other ways!!
Cheers, the ferret.

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2012, 10:44 PM
I required two bolts for my patrol at a cost of $5 each but had to buy a pack of five, then I needed two spring washers to suit for (WAIT FOR IT)......................(are you ready) quoted me $9 per washer

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2012, 10:51 PM
I required two bolts for my patrol at a cost of $5 each but had to buy a pack of five, then I needed two spring washers to suit for (WAIT FOR IT)......................(are you ready) quoted me $9 per washer

Why go 2 Nissan for boltsand washers? that's what fastener suppliers are for

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2012, 10:56 PM
I know its what I did, just that Nissan is around the corner

threedogs
7th July 2012, 08:04 AM
seems to me you have to much money to spend on some bolts and washers, could of got a box of bolts and washers for that price at your local bolt shop. these could be used for future projects. Plus $300 for heater hoses, what the. you could of got stainless braided hose with the end fittings and still had change. please ask forum before you go broke. Thats money that could be used for fuel to get dirty

Lambroast
7th July 2012, 11:21 AM
Pays to shop around..... $1100 for a power steering hose for the GQ from Nissan ex japan... WTF???

Got it repaired at the local Enzed for less than $100 ... Guy was a champ !

Simon

taslucas
9th July 2012, 04:54 PM
It sucks to hear those stories but ive said in the past that ive only ever had good experiences from my local Nissan dealership. Just got a quote for genuine crank seals. They are cheaper than i could find aftermarket. None in stock but shipped from melbourne to tas overnight at no charge, with no deposit required etc.

aussiemale
12th July 2012, 04:32 AM
seems to me you have to much money to spend on some bolts and washers, could of got a box of bolts and washers for that price at your local bolt shop. these could be used for future projects. Plus $300 for heater hoses, what the. you could of got stainless braided hose with the end fittings and still had change. please ask forum before you go broke. Thats money that could be used for fuel to get dirty

Couldn't agree with you more 3dogs, MQ Mad and MK Tank are my 'go to guys" as I've got no friggen clue (haven't you read "Bryans MQ/MK Build"?). Nissan were fighting an uphill battle with that price, 1. I've got both Irish and Scottish blood in me (means I love my piss but don't like paying for it), 2 ain't loaded and 3, and the most important fact..I'm married. If I rocked up home with a $300 heater hose, that would become a very cheap colostomy hose.

MQ MAD
12th July 2012, 12:17 PM
I'm married. If I rocked up home with a $300 heater hose, that would become a very cheap colostomy hose.

Absolutely agree
If i came home with a foot long rubber hose with a price tag of $300, id be carved from a bloke to woman with a blunt butter knife .......
We all know how much rip off some retailers can be, regardless of their business origin
But i dont pay for fat cats big flash shinny cars and i dont care if their rents are a few grand a week,i care what i pay
Bryan,
Theres a mob over here that sell alot of NOS nissan parts,ill see if i can find it

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Have you looked around to see if they were used in anything else like a bus or something or hunt around for a hose thats a similar shape off a different vehicle?

aussiemale
12th July 2012, 06:56 PM
The hoses are just a start and they're a strange shape and went to RIPCO and they spent an hour trying to find a matching hose to no avail newby,
MQ, do appreciate that (just don't as me for a list as you'd lose half a forest when you print it out LOL), do have an aussie bank acct that I can access to pay direct and do pop across every now and then to save on shipping.

GQ TANK
24th July 2012, 08:59 PM
I need to buy a stainless hose for my truck - need one around 900mm

At the moment the top hose is two hose joined together. I retained the l28 radiator ( had a deisil radiator as well) when I done the RB30s engine transplant. The RB30s has the inlet & out let on the driver side. The L28 and desisel motors have the hoses come out on opposite sides. A standard VL bottom hose fitted.

GQ TANK
24th July 2012, 09:00 PM
Also have a look at what hoses the datsun 240 / 260 & 280 use - the motors are the same shape.