PDA

View Full Version : Reving problems ZD30

Homebrew
5th July 2012, 10:27 AM
Hello One and All.
I hope there is someone reading this who can throw some light on my problem.
I have a 2002 GU Patrol Wagon with a ZD30 engine. A few weeks ago I went to start it, and nothing. It would turn over, but not start. Just like it had run out of fuel or was sucking air. Tried everything I could think of, new fuel filter, checked for loose fittings or clamps, removed the banjo from the injector pump to see if there was a blocked screen filter there. I even inspected the inside of the fuel tanks, every thing clean and tight, and fuel lines clear. Also cleaned and inspected the MAF Sensor.

Obviously I’d flattened the battery so I removed it to put it on charge. Luckily I have another car to go to and from work, so I didn’t get back to the Patrol for another week.
Put the battery back in, and it started almost straight away. It starts and idles perfectly, but now will not rev above 1200 rpm without blowing blue / white smoke and breaking down as though the timing is out, or it is starving for fuel.

I have an ECU Talk, which indicates there are no faults. Frustrating and now sounds expensive............

Murph68
5th July 2012, 11:18 AM
Check if your engine gets fuel, I believe not. Sound like bad boy Injector pump :(

threedogs
5th July 2012, 12:26 PM
Removing battery reset a few things but I'm with Murph68, sorry to be bearer of bad news

Homebrew
5th July 2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks fellas,
I had an idea that may have been the issue. I was hoping for a miracle answer. I suppose I'll have to grid my teeth and see what’s around……………