PDA

View Full Version : Dawes valve

mullos100
5th July 2012, 04:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows someone in sydney that would block the EGR valve and fit a dawes valve for me and any adjustments that need doing i have all th bits just a bit simple with this stuff.im heading away soon for 2 months and would like to get it done for peace of mind.thanks guys

threedogs
5th July 2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe there is a member in your area that could help you out and do this mod for you, its not that hard, one of the easier jobs, fine tuning it takes alittle bit longer, ANYONE???? better let them know what area you're in. Do you have pyro and boost gauges fitted??

Sir Roofy
5th July 2012, 08:37 AM
theres lots of info here mate on dawes valve surely theres a member in your area that could help
you out,put up a thread and see how ya go
even if you have to travel a bit its woth the effort

DieselSmart
5th July 2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Mullos100 have a chat to Scott at insight motorsports in sydney. he is one of our Diesel Smart dealers and is very helpful. His a really nice guy with a very good reputation around sydney.

Give him a call on 02 9679 9766 or go in and see him Unit 8/34 Lidco Street, Arndell Park NSW 2148.

threedogs
5th July 2012, 12:33 PM
I have a thread regarding boost problems after fitting the Dawes which DIESEL SMART are addressing, sounds very promising so stay tuned, I can't wait to fit it. IMO I think the DAWES is just a bandaid solution, but still worth while

mullos100
6th July 2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replies guys im in the south of sydney but dont really care what part of sydney i have to goto to get it done.I have the pyro and boost gauges fitted just want to get this done before i head off so if there is anyone out there willing to help me out that would be really great cheers guys

DieselSmart
6th July 2012, 10:53 AM
Hey

here is a picture that hopefully can help you with fitting your dawes valve. Ports A & B need to be blocked on the vacuum solenoid. Drill a tap for your boos reference on the cold side intercooler piping. and that should be all you have to do. If you're not confident doing it, get a member to help you or contact a mechanic who can do it for you :)

You will need to have a boost gauge so you know what to set your boost at. if you have a commonrail you can set it up to 20-21 psi without hitting boost cut, if you have a non commonrail its only 15-16psi before you hit boost cut

Cheers

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg694/scaled.php?server=694&filename=boostcontrollfornissanp.png&res=landing

Rumcajs
8th July 2012, 11:54 PM
here is a picture that hopefully can help you with fitting your dawes valve. Ports A & B need to be blocked on the vacuum solenoid

If you are only fitting Dawes valve you need to retain the factory solenoid otherwise than what is going to control the turbo spool up if you block ports A and B at the control solenoid? Dawes only controls max boost.
Cheers

Edit: removed off the topic content.

DieselSmart
9th July 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Rumjacs,

yes you're right, it's not strictly a "wastegate" but it is still a boost control actuator and it still is what controls the boost of the turbo. If you bypass the factory solenoid (as my picture shows) then the turbo will come on boost quicker and it will also have higher boost levels at cruise giving you better fuel economy, this applies to the CrD and the Di cars. I should of explained why I said to block ports A and B on my original post and apologize for any inconvenience.

hope that helps clarify some things

Cheers,
Adam

Rumcajs
9th July 2012, 09:54 AM

DieselSmart
9th July 2012, 10:35 AM
removed off topic content

Rumcajs
9th July 2012, 09:19 PM

nissannewby
9th July 2012, 09:30 PM
A little off topic but i dont think this is the place to have this argument. If you have a service to offer in fitting and setting up this blokes dawes valve then offer it if not stick with the OP and point him in the right direction to someone who can help him in sydney. He obviously isnt comfortable with doing this himself otherwise the question would have been different. I see to much of this argumentative stuff on other forums and thats not what we are about. Im not trying to offend anyone or stick up for anyone. Cheers.

threedogs
9th July 2012, 10:13 PM
Just a quick question, do I screw DAWES in or out to reduce boost?? someone said in another said out, can someone who knows set me on the right path

Rumcajs
9th July 2012, 10:49 PM
To reduce boost you need to screw it out.
Cheers