PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol - 2" Lift, What else is required???

shaun100
3rd July 2012, 08:52 PM
Hi All,

I have just bought an 02 GU Patrol. The guy I bought it off recently put in a 2" lift which by my measurements is actually about 2.5".

The Q I have is what else is / should be done with a lift of this height.

I have read that longer sway bar links and proportioning valve bracket are required.

Can anyone comment or share some more info??

Thanks

Clunk
3rd July 2012, 09:08 PM
Pretty sure you don't need anything else mate, I know you don't on a GQ........ Someone who knows more will be able to shed some more light on the subject. Also plenty of threads on here about the subject, so have a good read.

Sir Roofy
3rd July 2012, 09:23 PM
Its most likely a 2'' lift depending on your tyres as well
you should,nt need to do any thing else
ive got a 2'' lift and haven,t done any thing else

Thirsty
3rd July 2012, 09:43 PM
All vehicles are different, if it feels good to you don't change a thing. If it wanders, get the castor checked by a wheel aligner. They will tell you if it requires castor correction bushes. Extended swaybar connections are personal choice. I put 3" entended disconects in mine and when disconected I get a further 3" of flex in the rear. I also have to extend the rear brakeline and with the factory rear locker I have, I have to extend the vacume lines. Thats with an OME 2" Lift.

cheers

threedogs
3rd July 2012, 09:52 PM
I have 2" EFS lift nothing else required only checked front wheels, 2" will get you most places with 33"s.

boots
3rd July 2012, 10:03 PM
Just put a 2 inch lift in my GU . Had to put a bracket on the brake proportioning valve on the rear cause the brakes were shocking compared to standard height . bracket is the same length as the lift . good as before now . Also park it on a flat even surface and look behind or under front wheel arch right side , look at where your tailshaft flange mounts to your diff flange to check your angles . castor correction bushes will solve this issue IF the angle is too severe .

threedogs
3rd July 2012, 10:16 PM
Those front controll arm spacers might be worth a thought, moves your wheels forward an inch, bit more clearance at front mud flaps, cheap too

oncedisturbed
3rd July 2012, 10:57 PM
I have the 2" OME kit which comes with the castor correction kit standard, don't recall anything else being changed

shaun100
4th July 2012, 08:37 AM
I have the 2" OME kit which comes with the castor correction kit standard, don't recall anything else being changed
Thanks,

I think Ill get the caster correction bushes installed as I get a bit of a steering shake around 70-80kmh.

Cheers

oncedisturbed
4th July 2012, 09:21 AM
I get the shakes as well, still trying to work out what part is causing it

Thirsty
4th July 2012, 06:42 PM
So many things can cause the shakes, after I had replaced all the bushes in my front end, countless alignments and wheel balances to still have the shake. I ended up removing the shims from the bottom bearing in the swivel hub. By doing this I now have no shake.